IV ClinicsThoughts on this article / paper: "Diluting blood plasma rejuvenates tissue, reverses aging in mice"

FredParker

Re: Thoughts on this article / paper: "Diluting blood plasma rejuvenates tissue, reverses aging in mice"

Post by FredParker » Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:57 pm

OzSport wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:44 pm
Hey forum friends, I've come across this article (and I believe that Dr. Sinclair has cross-referenced it), and I was wondering what your thoughts are on it in regards to having it done?  Where could one go to get this treatment? 

Did you ever find a place to do it?

jocko6889

Re: Thoughts on this article / paper: "Diluting blood plasma rejuvenates tissue, reverses aging in mice"

Post by jocko6889 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:47 am

FredParker wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:57 pm
OzSport wrote:
Hey forum friends, I've come across this article (and I believe that Dr. Sinclair has cross-referenced it), and I was wondering what your thoughts are on it in regards to having it done?  Where could one go to get this treatment? 

This from an article in March on the subject.  These blood treatments aren't widely available or condoned by the medical or scientific community.  This doesn't make it any less interesting.

"The research remains in its infancy, with more evidence in mice than in people that the therapies work. And experts caution that further testing in clinical trials is needed to ensure that any blood-informed treatment is safe and effective. Still, that hasn’t stopped renegade biohackers and rogue transfusion clinics from moving ahead with the proposed interventions anyway — much to the consternation of regulators, ethicists and scientists."

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/innovation/in-search-to-stall-aging-biotech-startups-are-out-for-blood-180977728/

jessicaP

Post by jessicaP » Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:23 am

jocko6889 wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:47 am
FredParker wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:57 pm
OzSport wrote:

This from an article in March on the subject.  These blood treatments aren't widely available or condoned by the medical or scientific community.  This doesn't make it any less interesting.

"The research remains in its infancy, with more evidence in mice than in people that the therapies work. And experts caution that further testing in clinical trials is needed to ensure that any blood-informed treatment is safe and effective. Still, that hasn’t stopped renegade biohackers and rogue transfusion clinics from moving ahead with the proposed interventions anyway — much to the consternation of regulators, ethicists and scientists."

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/innovation/in-search-to-stall-aging-biotech-startups-are-out-for-blood-180977728/

To me it flips the idea of the aging process on its head, in that aging is not the wearing out of our parts, or are cells 'losing information' over time. It is the accumulation of inflammation and refuse in our blood and tissues that does it.

I think bloodletting must have worked for some way back then. 

michaeljkelly

Post by michaeljkelly » Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:27 am

Yes there has to be a way to pull out your blood, spin it so that it is just the red and white blood cells and the plasma available to put back in.

I would sign up for this treatment today as long as it was a doctor doing.
jocko6889

Post by jocko6889 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:32 pm

Increased levels of inflammation is just one out of the nine hallmarks of aging, which includes loss of information due to changes in the epigenone.  We have a great series on the 9 hallmarks of aging in the Research section of our Alivebyscience.com website.  This is great in understanding what steps you can take to increase your healthspan.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic