NAD+Beginning of a new journey

Newage

Re: Beginning of a new journey

Post by Newage » Sun May 03, 2020 4:15 pm

drkris69 wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 1:14 pm
Wow, very strict down there. Ive read where one of the Doctors bought 32 million Chloroquine tablets for any and every Aussie down there if needed.
Yes, he is not a Doctor but a very wealthy independent politician..the medication apparently went into the National Emergency Stockpile to be distributed if need be.. :idea:

Paramjit

Post by Paramjit » Wed May 06, 2020 10:28 am

After trying NMN powder, with breakfast, for about a month, I am seriously considering stopping the trial as I am losing weight and unable to gain or sustain it even with the increased caloric intake. I wanted to share my experience with the community for learning.

Inputs:
Particulars: Male,64,5’8”,140 lbs
Conditions: Intolerant to B-Complex vitamins; Hashimotto Thyroid (under control with med), Following IBS friendly LOWFODMAP diet. Lost 10 pounds last year due to IBS, Lack of energy and endurance
Meds: Metformin XR 500 mgs, Tirosint (25 mcg), NMN powder – 25 mgs, Methyl B12 1000 mcg
NMN Positives:
1) Improved mental sharpness – specially in the morning. Before NMNt, I used to become “alive” only after 10AM.
2) Improved stability and leg strength
3) Gut seemed to feel better with improved movements and IBS driven eczema is significantly better
4) Right shoulder pain was eliminated (used to have constant nagging dull pain)
5) Before NMN, I had a feeling that my body was starting to droop - that feeling is gone and I feel my posture is more erect
Negatives:
1) A constant feeling of being “keyed” up and unable to relax
2) Lost two pounds during month long trial period
3) Developed “intolerance” to certain foods such as almonds, nut butters and cheese as they would give too much heat at night.
4) Feeling that top of my head is warmer than usual
5) Last night was filled with anxiety with 3-4 attacks couple of hours apart.

I would welcome suggestions on how to deal with the negatives - I am open to new ideas.

Thanks!!
Paramjit
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid » Wed May 06, 2020 11:17 am

You might consider taking 5mg of NMN per day in the very early AM. This should reduce your anxiety and help you have restful sleep.
drkris69

Post by drkris69 » Thu May 07, 2020 12:32 pm

Paramjit are you only taking 25mgs of NMN per day? If so, why such a small dose?
Paramjit

Post by Paramjit » Thu May 07, 2020 3:34 pm

drkris69 wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 12:32 pm
Paramjit are you only taking 25mgs of NMN per day? If so, why such a small dose?
drkris69: First few days I took 250 mgs of NMN and felt and slept great, but soon began to feel drained in the afternoons due to nervous energy and would be awake from 1-2 am during nights. That made me (arbitrarily) lower the dose to 40 but even that was a problem. At 20 mgs, I felt comfortable but still had jitteriness in the early afternoons. Then I had a terrible night with anxiety attack. This and steady weight loss made me pause my NMN trial.

All along I felt very "hot" - specially after midnights. This effect was furthered when I consumed concentrated proteins (e.g. nut or seed butter). It seems I lack cooling energy (TCM calls it Yin) to counter the energy (heat) generated by NMN.

I did introduce Methylated B12 to my regimen and that seemed to help some what. Also, I am wondering if my thyroid medication is somehow interacting with NMN to further rev up my metabolism. I am also wondering whether I need to add another methyl donor to my regimen.

Your thoughts?
drkris69

Post by drkris69 » Fri May 08, 2020 4:50 pm

Have you had any recent blood work done? You are the first person that Ive heard that is having problems this severe. It could be from the other meds you might be taking. I hate this for you as you would have to take at least 500mgs to really feel the benefits from NMN. I would start with some blood work first if you havent yet. Have you recently increased any meds? Something is definitely off.
Paramjit

Post by Paramjit » Sat May 09, 2020 10:20 am

drkris69 wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 4:50 pm
Have you had any recent blood work done? You are the first person that Ive heard that is having problems this severe. It could be from the other meds you might be taking. I hate this for you as you would have to take at least 500mgs to really feel the benefits from NMN. I would start with some blood work first if you havent yet. Have you recently increased any meds? Something is definitely off.
Standard blood work was done last year and all was "normal" per allopathic standards. Per Ayurvedic definition, I am Pitta ( prone to inflammation) body-mind type and may have too "hot" blood (if this makes sense). I know I am intolerant to heating things (sun shine, hot (spicy) foods, alcohol etc.). Another explanation could be thyroid medication I am taking for my Hypothyroidism. From experience I know this medication tends to multiply effect of supplements.

I would also like to find out why I react to NMN this way. What kind of blood markers you have in mind that I should test for?
Newage

Post by Newage » Sat May 09, 2020 8:31 pm

Start on my newly received NMN and NAD+ Gels tomorrow. Looking forward to the absorption experience.
At the moment (Saturday and Sunday) I am in the middle (2nd day) of my two day in succession “Michael Mosley” fast. No more than 1000 kilojoules or approximately 239 calories for one meal for the day between 3pm and 5 pm.
About to head out on the bike so it will be interesting to see where the energy levels are for a snappy 25 Klm ride and the effect on balance, wellbeing etc..
drkris69

Post by drkris69 » Mon May 11, 2020 11:35 am

Hey there Paramjit, Just so you know Im a Chiropractor by trade and not an MD. I really can't make any recommendations as far as blood work goes. As you mentioned about yourself being sensitive to things and about the meds you are taking, I can understand why you are having the issues you are having with NMN. I'm sure there are other supplements you cant tolerate as well. I would continue taking the NMN as you are and possible consider consulting with a Medical professional in your area that offers anti-aging and wellness. The tradtional MDs for the most part cant help in this arena.
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid » Tue May 12, 2020 9:20 am

Paramjit wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 3:34 pm
drkris69 wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 12:32 pm
drkris69: First few days I took 250 mgs of NMN and felt and slept great, but soon began to feel drained in the afternoons due to nervous energy and would be awake from 1-2 am during nights. That made me (arbitrarily) lower the dose to 40 but even that was a problem. At 20 mgs, I felt comfortable but still had jitteriness in the early afternoons. Then I had a terrible night with anxiety attack. This and steady weight loss made me pause my NMN trial.

All along I felt very "hot" - specially after midnights. This effect was furthered when I consumed concentrated proteins (e.g. nut or seed butter). It seems I lack cooling energy (TCM calls it Yin) to counter the energy (heat) generated by NMN.

I did introduce Methylated B12 to my regimen and that seemed to help some what. Also, I am wondering if my thyroid medication is somehow interacting with NMN to further rev up my metabolism. I am also wondering whether I need to add another methyl donor to my regimen.

Your thoughts?
Consider switching over to NAD+ this should help with the nervous energy and sleep distrubance. There are many people that experience the symptoms that you are feeling with NMN.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic