ExerciseIs there a good time to take NMN before running?

TedB
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed May 19, 2021 1:55 pm

Is there a good time to take NMN before running?

Post by TedB » Wed May 19, 2021 2:18 pm

Hi folks!
I am relatively new to NMN from AliveByScience and I am also looking into Resveratrol - just looking for a good source.

I am starting to jog outside again after a long midwest winter. If i took NMN in the early morning, would it benefit me for a run in the afternoon, possibly around 2pm?



 


drkris69
Posts: 876
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:41 pm

Re: Is there a good time to take NMN before running?

Post by drkris69 » Wed May 19, 2021 3:33 pm

Hey Ted and welcome! I use Mega Resveratrol and its third party tested. So how much NMN are you taking in the morning? The reason Im asking is because it could benefit you if you split the doses throughout the day.
TedB
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed May 19, 2021 1:55 pm

Re: Is there a good time to take NMN before running?

Post by TedB » Wed May 19, 2021 8:22 pm

Thanks Dr. Kris
There is a lot of stuff covered in here... a little overwhelming, so I just thought I'd ask.

I am taking 357 mg at one go in the morning. I am just not sure about 'when' the NAD gets boosted.

Ted
Newage
Posts: 1232
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:22 pm

Re: Is there a good time to take NMN before running?

Post by Newage » Wed May 19, 2021 9:18 pm

TedB wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 2:18 pm
Hi folks!
I am relatively new to NMN from AliveByScience and I am also looking into Resveratrol - just looking for a good source.

I am starting to jog outside again after a long midwest winter. If i took NMN in the early morning, would it benefit me for a run in the afternoon, possibly around 2pm?



 

 
Hi TedB.
I take all my NMN and NAD+ between 10 am and 1pm. My training is usually in the afternoon from 3 or 4 pm (Bike and Run) including sometimes Swim or Water Run.
Initially you get a surge of energy when you start taking the molecules but that becomes more passive as the body adjusts. If it were me, I would focus my training block about 3 to 4 hours after taking NMN/NAD+. Seems to work well for me. 🏃‍♂️🚴‍♂️🏊‍♂️
.
 
Boxcost
Posts: 95
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:40 pm

Re: Is there a good time to take NMN before running?

Post by Boxcost » Thu May 20, 2021 6:52 am

I mountain bike every Sunday morning its like church for me. I have been powering though it with NMN and played around with all sorts of combinations over the past 2 years. You could cast similarities between running and biking, currently I am rolling like this:
250MG LSG NMN about 1hr before ride
250MG SLC capsule with coffee 15-30M before ride
125MG Sublingual at start of ride (9AM)
125MG Sublingual middle of ride
I do take another 125MG I get home and a final one about 1-2 hours after that, no later than 3pm.

So far so good, no one in my riding group can catch me up a hill climb anymore, the last grueling climb at the end of a ride i snow with gusto (like that word :) and plenty of fuel in the tank for the rest of the day, gardening, washing cars, cooking, etc with loads of energy till bed time.

 
TedB
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed May 19, 2021 1:55 pm

Re: Is there a good time to take NMN before running?

Post by TedB » Thu May 20, 2021 6:04 pm

Boxcost wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 6:52 am
I mountain bike every Sunday morning its like church for me. I have been powering though it with NMN and played around with all sorts of combinations over the past 2 years. You could cast similarities between running and biking, currently I am rolling like this:
250MG LSG NMN about 1hr before ride
250MG SLC capsule with coffee 15-30M before ride
125MG Sublingual at start of ride (9AM)
125MG Sublingual middle of ride
I do take another 125MG I get home and a final one about 1-2 hours after that, no later than 3pm.

So far so good, no one in my riding group can catch me up a hill climb anymore, the last grueling climb at the end of a ride i snow with gusto (like that word :) and plenty of fuel in the tank for the rest of the day, gardening, washing cars, cooking, etc with loads of energy till bed time.

 

 
Thanks Boxcost for replying. Wow, that is a lot of NMN. Is that what you take only on the mountain bike day. or every day?

thank you also Newage. It sounds like you both trust that it elevates NAD+ within a couple of hours or even less.
Boxcost
Posts: 95
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:40 pm

Re: Is there a good time to take NMN before running?

Post by Boxcost » Fri May 21, 2021 4:07 am

TedB wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 6:04 pm
Boxcost wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 6:52 am
I mountain bike every Sunday morning its like church for me. I have been powering though it with NMN and played around with all sorts of combinations over the past 2 years. You could cast similarities between running and biking, currently I am rolling like this:
250MG LSG NMN about 1hr before ride
250MG SLC capsule with coffee 15-30M before ride
125MG Sublingual at start of ride (9AM)
125MG Sublingual middle of ride
I do take another 125MG I get home and a final one about 1-2 hours after that, no later than 3pm.

So far so good, no one in my riding group can catch me up a hill climb anymore, the last grueling climb at the end of a ride i snow with gusto (like that word :) and plenty of fuel in the tank for the rest of the day, gardening, washing cars, cooking, etc with loads of energy till bed time.

 


 
Thanks Boxcost for replying. Wow, that is a lot of NMN. Is that what you take only on the mountain bike day. or every day?

thank you also Newage. It sounds like you both trust that it elevates NAD+ within a couple of hours or even less.

 
Yes, every day, except Saturday some days I miss a sublingual or 2.

Initially for over 1 year was no more than 500mg, also did not have scheduled day off. My current approach is on this post: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2376

Until we can easily measure personal NAD levels its a little bit of an experiment, so really got to listen to our bodies, reflect by noting points of difference..plus of course pick up some great hacks from forums like this one :)

 
OMillsPA
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:59 pm

Re: Is there a good time to take NMN before running?

Post by OMillsPA » Fri May 21, 2021 3:15 pm

My two cents.  I exercise in the mornings.  I take some vitamins and a "super reds" berry drink.  Then a coffee or three.  Work out.  Take the 250 MNM and B12 afterwards to help me heal and extend the calorie burning.  I've lost a lot of weight using this method.  No food until after noon.
 
User avatar
jocko6889
Posts: 345
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:35 pm
Location: Tulsa, OK

Re: Is there a good time to take NMN before running?

Post by jocko6889 » Sat May 22, 2021 3:11 pm

TedB wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 2:18 pm
Hi folks!
I am relatively new to NMN from AliveByScience and I am also looking into Resveratrol - just looking for a good source.

I am starting to jog outside again after a long midwest winter. If i took NMN in the early morning, would it benefit me for a run in the afternoon, possibly around 2pm?



 

 
I can't say enough about how much more of an advantage liposomal delivery is.  In the case of Resveratrol, it is not very bioavailable so traditional Resveratrol powder must be taken with olive oil or yogurt, something with fat in it.  Not the case with Alive by Science Resveratrol/Curcumin.  It comes in a liposomal gel, so passes through the GI tract and to the tissues intact.  So many of our products are now utilizing liposomal delivery because of better delivery and better value because of the efficiency.  Check it out:

https://alivebyscience.com/product/lsg- ... ngual-gel/
 
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic