NutritionBroccoli Sprouts and Sulforaphane

canadahealthy
Posts: 235
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:31 pm

Re: Broccoli Sprouts and Sulforaphane

Post by canadahealthy » Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:25 pm

I'll try to get a couple bottles going.

It won't hurt.

I know it tastes horrible so best consumed in minute quantities in smoothies.


p75213
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:04 am

Re: Broccoli Sprouts and Sulforaphane

Post by p75213 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:40 am

Sulforaphane inhibits mitochondrial fission. As I understand it both mitochondrial fission and fusion are important for good health and longevity. However mitochondrial fusion is downgraded in aging individuals.
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/27889639/
jessicaP
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:52 am

Re: Broccoli Sprouts and Sulforaphane

Post by jessicaP » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:40 pm

p75213 wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:40 am
Sulforaphane inhibits mitochondrial fission. As I understand it both mitochondrial fission and fusion are important for good health and longevity. However mitochondrial fusion is downgraded in aging individuals.
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/27889639/

Great! Thank you. I was wondering what exactly was so great about Sulforaphane.
p75213
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:04 am

Re: Broccoli Sprouts and Sulforaphane

Post by p75213 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:05 am

The commonly understood health benefits of sulforaphane is due to it activating the nrf2 protein.
https://beyondmicrogreens.com/blogs/new ... lforaphane
canadahealthy
Posts: 235
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:31 pm

Re: Broccoli Sprouts and Sulforaphane

Post by canadahealthy » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:41 pm

jessicaP wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:40 pm
p75213 wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:40 am
Sulforaphane inhibits mitochondrial fission. As I understand it both mitochondrial fission and fusion are important for good health and longevity. However mitochondrial fusion is downgraded in aging individuals.
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/27889639/

 

Great! Thank you. I was wondering what exactly was so great about Sulforaphane.

 
I am glad we are finding more information for the elderly.

I am really excited about what i am doing for myself. Also knowing i can reverse some effects of again motivates me to exercise , both with weight bearing exercise and cardio.. but it is also good to have some tools to help my aging parents. Even little things for their confort and energy can mean a lot.

And it sounds like Sulforaphane can help.
User avatar
jocko6889
Posts: 235
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:35 pm
Location: Tulsa, OK
Contact:

Re: Broccoli Sprouts and Sulforaphane

Post by jocko6889 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:35 pm

If you want to know how to grow broccoli sprouts, there is a great, very detailed video on this page by Holly Mann.  I'm going to try it myself.

https://www.instructables.com/id/How-to ... -in-a-Jar/
 
smokinjoe
Posts: 93
Joined: Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:24 am

Re: Broccoli Sprouts and Sulforaphane

Post by smokinjoe » Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:43 pm

I have finished my first batch, which will be going into the freezer (which amplifies the sulforaphane tremendously).

This took only 1% of my seeds and has made about 2 cups of sprouts.

They are good for elderly people but good for everyone. So I think i will use them in smoothies and salads.
 
 
NewLifeScience
Posts: 284
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:17 pm

Re: Broccoli Sprouts and Sulforaphane

Post by NewLifeScience » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:36 pm

smokinjoe wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:43 pm
I have finished my first batch, which will be going into the freezer (which amplifies the sulforaphane tremendously).

This took only 1% of my seeds and has made about 2 cups of sprouts.

They are good for elderly people but good for everyone. So I think i will use them in smoothies and salads.
 
 

 
So what do they taste like? are they as strong as some have reported?
Taking:
Liposomal Curcumin / Resveratrol
NMN 500mg
Melatonin 1mg (am)
Blueberry extract 1g
Berberine 250mg
Vitamin E tocotrienols 50 mg
Astragalus 500 mg
Methyl B12 5000 mcg 3x/week
Methyl Folate 1000 mcg 1-3/week
canadahealthy
Posts: 235
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:31 pm

Re: Broccoli Sprouts and Sulforaphane

Post by canadahealthy » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:54 pm

canadahealthy wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:25 pm
I'll try to get a couple bottles going.

It won't hurt.

I know it tastes horrible so best consumed in minute quantities in smoothies.

 
I've harvested my first batch of sprouts. Took 5 days on the nose. Lots and lots of sprouts.

I didn't notice any issues with the flavour at all. I like it. I think i will start making a nice tasty salad and add it to it for my mother.

I certainly like the idea of taking this every day.
 
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic