NMNNMN heals Psoriasis

Pickleball101

NMN heals Psoriasis

Post by Pickleball101 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:44 am

Over the years (now 79) I have always had a 2"-4" spot of white psoriasis on my left elbow toward my hand. It wasn't flaky, or red, just white.
Accepting this from my PC's guidance that it was not anything serious, I forgot about this until I noticed something different, while drying off from a shower. It was gone! The Only change in my lifestyle was NMN, about 250mg each day, with 250mg of NAD+ just before 2-3 hours of Intermediate level Pickleball play. That's been about a year now, and it hasn't returned.
Wanting to believe but not sure of this, I just filed it away, until one day about 6 months ago, I noticed on my opponent , Lindsey a very acute condition of red and white psoriasis covering his knees and elbows. I shared my experience and gave him a reference card to AliveByNature supplied by Monica. Just the other day, while awaiting my next game, in walks Lindsey, all smiles, big handshake and a " Thank You", saying "I had tried all kinds of advice and prescriptions. NMN was the Only thing that completely cleared it up!.
Go Figure...
Ben (79) NMN/NAD= 250 mg/ day, each. Resveratrol 1200mg/day. Pickleball 2-4 hours/week.Drug free 37 years.

Fred

Re: NMN heals Psoriasis

Post by Fred » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:50 am

Topical niacinamide is an anti-inflammatory against acne, psoriasis, and dermatitis and niacin deficiency causes skin inflammation so I´m not surprised that NMN might have an effect on skin inflammation. If it in fact "heals psoriasis" remains to be tested and proven in real clinical trials but I´m happy your psoriasis improved, whatever the reason for it was. Niacinamide is also great for the skin in serums and creams.

One of Dr Sinclairs experimental micronized resveratrol drugs he developed with Sirtris also showed some success in clinical trials of psoriasis. I don´t know if they plan to bring it to market.
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:23 am

Here is an interesting article on this topic

A Double-Blind, Randomized Clinical Trial of Niacinamide 4% versus Hydroquinone 4% in the Treatment of Melasma
Josefina Navarrete-Solís, Juan Pablo Castanedo-Cázares, [...], and Benjamin Moncada
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3142702/
ChrisBON

Post by ChrisBON » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:27 pm

Drdavid wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:23 am
Here is an interesting article on this topic

A Double-Blind, Randomized Clinical Trial of Niacinamide 4% versus Hydroquinone 4% in the Treatment of Melasma
Josefina Navarrete-Solís, Juan Pablo Castanedo-Cázares, [...], and Benjamin Moncada
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3142702/
Thanks Dr. David. Definitely hope they continue this research.

There are some scary drugs out there for psoriasis right now.
Taking:
NMN since June, 2019 (started at 250mg, 500mg as of Oct 1st)
NAD+ nasal spray since July, 2019
Resveratrol since Sept 2019
Astaxanthin 10mg since October 20th
Blueberry concentrate 500 mg since October 20th
Berberine 250 mg since October 20th
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid » Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:19 am

Yes there are especially as we develop more of the antibody drugs. It may help your psoriasis but your liver may fall out or you may cough up a lung but the good news is your skin will look fantastic.
drkris69

Post by drkris69 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:23 am

LOL DrDavid!! :lol:
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid » Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:01 am

Although I am poking fun of the pharma industry it is somewhat true. Every commercial has a list of things that could happen if you take the drug. Many of the side effects are worse than the actual problem that you are taking the drug for. There can be side effects with many natural products as well but not to the extent that we see in the pharma industry.
FishDownUnder

Post by FishDownUnder » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:54 pm

Drdavid wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:19 am
Yes there are especially as we develop more of the antibody drugs. It may help your psoriasis but your liver may fall out or you may cough up a lung but the good news is your skin will look fantastic.
I was told years ago that the drugs available that may help my psoriasis would "make your sperm effectively radioactive so make sure you and your wife use protection." :D

We chose to not worry about taking the drug but it is nice to know that when I start taking NMN I may see it gone.
Newage

Post by Newage » Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:59 am

FishDownUnder wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:54 pm
Drdavid wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:19 am
I was told years ago that the drugs available that may help my psoriasis would "make your sperm effectively radioactive so make sure you and your wife use protection." :D

We chose to not worry about taking the drug but it is nice to know that when I start taking NMN I may see it gone.
Even though we are in early days of NMN and NAD+ usage I feel radioactive sperm is not going to be a concerning side effect. :shock:
As opposed to the possibility of churning out little “Spider Men” 🕷🕸 to be superheroes...LOL
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid » Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:12 am

All kidding aside, please let us know how you do with NAD+/NMN
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic