NMNIs 250mg nmn tablets a day still ok

danp

Is 250mg nmn tablets a day still ok

Post by danp » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:26 pm

I've been taking 2 tablets under the tongue for maybe a year that's 250mg I suppose. I'm about 145lbs though and late 40s. I workout a few times a week. I don't have much weight issues so I get the NMN instead of the NAD tablets, seems some people here are taking both. I got the free Nasal spray, but for me I don't enjoy taking the nasal spray, but use it sometimes.
Dr. Sinclair, says he takes 1000mg a day, but that will multiply my costs. I also don't want to make things too complicated. I might start putting some of the trans-Resveratrol into my food this year as well.
So I'd have to take 8 tablets a day to get 1000mg, is it going to be that much more beneficial? I sort of want to wait for a little more research

Drdavid

Re: Is 250mg nmn tablets a day still ok

Post by Drdavid » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:24 pm

You should take the supplements that help you achieve your goals. Don't let hype make you take a different supplement or more of a current supplement. All plans should be based on what you want to accomplish with the physical life. The difference between 250mg and 1000mg as far as results could be major or could provide no result for you. Think about what you want to accomplish and then create a plan that will accomplish those goals. If you have any questions please let us know.
danp

Post by danp » Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:03 pm

Well as per Dr. Sinclair I suppose the goal is to live to 130 and feel good. I'm not one to notice small changes in how I feel. I'm not going to do weekly blood tests for levels of nad+ or know how to. I suppose somewhat following his advice after listening to him and starting to read his book
drkris69

Post by drkris69 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:50 pm

Reading Dr. Sinclair's book is a great start. As DrDavid suggested, I would come up with some short term goals and maybe 1 to 2 long term goals to fit your fitness and longevity needs. I would also increase your NMN as now im sure your body is tolerating the 250 daily dose as I think you mentioned taking over a year now. Some of the benefits I think everyone here notices right away is more energy to do things. Doing daily or weekly workouts with more stamina. Better sleep.
Newage

Post by Newage » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:39 pm

drkris69 wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:50 pm
Reading Dr. Sinclair's book is a great start. As DrDavid suggested, I would come up with some short term goals and maybe 1 to 2 long term goals to fit your fitness and longevity needs. I would also increase your NMN as now im sure your body is tolerating the 250 daily dose as I think you mentioned taking over a year now. Some of the benefits I think everyone here notices right away is more energy to do things. Doing daily or weekly workouts with more stamina. Better sleep.
Great advice drkris69.
I’m sure the forum ( especially the new members ) appreciate the compassionate input from Health Care Professionals like yourself and Drdavid.
Kudos to you and keep up the good work.. :D
drkris69

Post by drkris69 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:09 pm

Thank you newage, you too have personal knowledge of what works and what doesn't. We all enjoy reading your posts and appreciate your input. Glad you are here on this forum newage!
danp

Post by danp » Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:05 pm

Well it's a very hard thing to justify. If rats live 30% longer on this and if it does have the same effect on humans then everyone should be taking this if they can afford it. I really don't care if it makes me feel better or gives me more energy, it might be but I'm the type of person that doesn't really notice. Probably would need to wait for a machine to do a non-invasive test on you every day, until then what I've read about nmn sounds pretty good.

From what I gather 500mg per day could be pretty good for me. Maybe I should also try nad+ at times. I'll also add resveratrol to some of my meals.
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:24 pm

500mg of NMN should provide you with some satifying results. Using NAD+ in any form would provide some different results. If you dont want to take much NAD+ the spray is ideal because it is simple and crosses the blood brain barrier quickly.
Newage

Post by Newage » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:03 am

You could consider trying 500 mg of NMN and 250mg of NAD+
Or reverse the protocol and take 500 mg of NAD+ and 250 mg of NMN.
You are not very heavy so that may be ample to get great results.
Keep in mind we are all different and what dosage for some may be too much, for others it can be too little. You probably need to experiment a little to find your sweet spot.
You could try slowly increasing dosage up to those quantities if you feel good...
Be guided by the directions on the bottles..
canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:53 pm

danp wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:05 pm
Well it's a very hard thing to justify. If rats live 30% longer on this and if it does have the same effect on humans then everyone should be taking this if they can afford it. I really don't care if it makes me feel better or gives me more energy, it might be but I'm the type of person that doesn't really notice. Probably would need to wait for a machine to do a non-invasive test on you every day, until then what I've read about nmn sounds pretty good.

From what I gather 500mg per day could be pretty good for me. Maybe I should also try nad+ at times. I'll also add resveratrol to some of my meals.
I think adding Resveratrol will make taking NMN much more worthwhile.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic