NMNWhat happens when you stop taking NMN

TheFitnessGuy
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:25 am

What happens when you stop taking NMN

Post by TheFitnessGuy » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:32 am

Hello,

for a good 3 weeks now I have been taking NMN (approx. 400 - 500 mg a day, sublingual). So far it feels good. Subjectively, the regeneration time after sport has been shortened.

But I wonder what happens if I take NMN for several months and then stop taking it? 

For comparison: 
If you take testosterone externally, the body regulates its own testosterone production, which can lead to a lower testosterone level

Is there a similar risk for both NMN intake? Can discontinuation of the product affect the natural NMN/NAD+ levels?

Is there any indication of what happens if NMN is no longer taken orally?
 


User avatar
jocko6889
Posts: 242
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:35 pm
Location: Tulsa, OK
Contact:

Re: What happens when you stop taking NMN

Post by jocko6889 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:37 am

TheFitnessGuy wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:32 am
Hello,

for a good 3 weeks now I have been taking NMN (approx. 400 - 500 mg a day, sublingual). So far it feels good. Subjectively, the regeneration time after sport has been shortened.

But I wonder what happens if I take NMN for several months and then stop taking it? 

For comparison: 
If you take testosterone externally, the body regulates its own testosterone production, which can lead to a lower testosterone level

Is there a similar risk for both NMN intake? Can discontinuation of the product affect the natural NMN/NAD+ levels?

Is there any indication of what happens if NMN is no longer taken orally?
 

 
I don't know that there have been studies on that but for that possible reason (called homeostasis), it is suggested to take 2 days off per week.  You can probably forego the 2 days off if you are say, in your 80's since by that age the body is producing little if any NAD+ on it's own anyway.
 
smokinjoe
Posts: 101
Joined: Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:24 am

Re: What happens when you stop taking NMN

Post by smokinjoe » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:44 am

Well, if you intended to just stop it for good, i suppose one might want to taper off.

I have no idea how but i would suggest it tapers for 4-6 weeks.

I know fasting helps generate NAD+ so you could do that as well.

I am not sure how old you are, but why would you stop taking it?
TheFitnessGuy
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:25 am

Re: What happens when you stop taking NMN

Post by TheFitnessGuy » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:51 am

Thanks for the answers! 

Tapering off with fasting seems to be a good solutions!  :D And I also like the 5 days ON 2 days OFF (weekend) idea. 

I am 44 years old and just though what would happen if I need to stop taking it (if it gets too expensive - or restricted by law - or ....). I just do not want to have lower NAD+ levels than before ;)
drkris69
Posts: 670
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:41 pm

Re: What happens when you stop taking NMN

Post by drkris69 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:52 pm

Yes your body would just return to homeostasis and produce only what your body normally would at your age. NMN is more like a vitamin and not like a hormone as Testosterone is.
Newage
Posts: 952
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:22 pm

Re: What happens when you stop taking NMN

Post by Newage » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:16 pm

drkris69 wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:52 pm
Yes your body would just return to homeostasis and produce only what your body normally would at your age. NMN is more like a vitamin and not like a hormone as Testosterone is.


 
5 days on 2 days off for all supplements.
Lets the body re adjust to its natural production.
 
 
CeeJayBee
Posts: 135
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:19 pm

Re: What happens when you stop taking NMN

Post by CeeJayBee » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:05 am

TheFitnessGuy wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:51 am
Thanks for the answers! 

Tapering off with fasting seems to be a good solutions!  :D And I also like the 5 days ON 2 days OFF (weekend) idea. 

I am 44 years old and just though what would happen if I need to stop taking it (if it gets too expensive - or restricted by law - or ....). I just do not want to have lower NAD+ levels than before ;)

 
Great, now I have to stockpile NMN in a Cryogenic cooler. :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic