NMNHow Much NMN is Too Much?

Pickleball101
Posts: 67
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:06 pm
Location: Diamondhead,Ms.
Contact:

How Much NMN is Too Much?

Post by Pickleball101 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:53 pm

Recently in a hot Pickleball play, I saw a challenging game with better players than I coming up, so I reached for my NAD+ Nasal spray, getting two good pumps in each nostril. Not wanting to miss out on any effects I leaned my head back and slowly breathed it into my lungs as it hit my larynx.
Now I was ready for the Slammers...but after a dozen balls coming my way, I sensed my timing was off , I was AHEAD of the ball! This was the third time I had experienced this... so I started reviewing days of great play, and they all had the same prep going in. A stable amount of NMN/NAD+ of 250 mg each, about an hour before play, preceded by a full nights sleep, and no business stress or distracting thoughts  brought to court. A relaxed attitude, flow with the game. No agenda. This has been proven over and over again in this ole 80 year old body. That's my set up, along with a Keto nutritional plan, intermediate fasting over the no play weekends. It has elevated my mediocre play to Tournament levels, putting away challengers 20 years my junior.

Over the years I had tried doubling my NMN before Tournament play, and sneaking in some NAD+ spray between games. Same results, I was too far ahead of the ball. Anticipation? Elevated sensories ? Emotionally hyped? I don't know, but I can tell you 500 mg mix of NMN/NAD+ / day is a Sweet Spot! And if I drop to half that , as I have on occasion, I'm only Half Fast...slower in every way, mentally and physically. 
Over the last three years since starting 10 hrs / week Pickleball play, my Keto nutritional plan, and plenty of sleep ... I've increased my cognitive
and muscular levels to where I was twenty years ago. Reset my Biological clock, as Dr. Sinclair calls it. And he prophesies I can maintain this higher form of health WITHOUT degeneration for my full life span.. maybe to the body's natural limits of a 100 years.
 
So where ever you are, find your bodies level of regenerated, optimum cognitive and physical performance, with AlivebyScience.
We are the first to have this promise of a full and healthy LifeSpan.
Ben 79, 250mg NMN SL , NAD+powder (with Renue) each, 600 mg Resveratrol, Dailiy.
 
 
 


rhett
Posts: 144
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:39 pm

Re: How Much NMN is Too Much?

Post by rhett » Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:29 pm

I will try to find the thread that calculated based on the mouse fertility study the point where nmn supplementation began to have negative rather than positive effects. I definitely remember is was decently above 1000mg daily human dose. 
drkris69
Posts: 670
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:41 pm

Re: How Much NMN is Too Much?

Post by drkris69 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:17 pm

I think 1 gram per day is the sweet spot! I started at 500mgs the 1st 6 months and felt the change but once I  increased it to 1 gram per day well thats where things really changed! :D
 
Newage
Posts: 952
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:22 pm

Re: How Much NMN is Too Much?

Post by Newage » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:57 pm

I also think 750 - 1000 mg of NMN per day, depending on the individual with some NAD+ added to make up the package.
Add NAD+ by way of Nasal Spray, Sublingual or absorbing through Renue Lotion.
I do all three NAD+ intake in different daily percentages.. 
 
RobSmith
Posts: 76
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:34 am
Location: UK

Re: How Much NMN is Too Much?

Post by RobSmith » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:06 am

Re "by Pickleball101 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:53 pm - ...Over the years I had tried doubling my NMN before Tournament play, and sneaking in some NAD+ spray between games. Same results, I was too far ahead of the ball...."

I had a very similar experience. Had forgotten to take a NAD+ spray and hour before my regular table tennis game, remembered 15 minutes beforehand and took my usual amount, but then found I was reacting too quickly and was too far ahead of the ball on many occasions. 

 
AJayeJ
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:56 am

Re: How Much NMN is Too Much?

Post by AJayeJ » Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:01 am

drkris69 wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:17 pm
I think 1 gram per day is the sweet spot! I started at 500mgs the 1st 6 months and felt the change but once I  increased it to 1 gram per day well thats where things really changed! :D
 

 
Hi DrKris69,

What sorts of changes and benefits did you notice once you increased your daily consumption of NMN from 500mg to 1g? Have the benefits continued to increase since then, or have things plateaued? Did you have blood samples taken prior to beginning to supplement with NMN?

I am about to begin supplementing with NMN and whilst I understand that Prof Sinclair chooses to ingest 1gram daily am not sure whether there is benefit in taking less than that, or beginning with a lower dose and incrementally increasing it over time.

For those looking at Fertility I am aware of the research that showed better oocyte quality with 300mg daily, rather than higher doses but am unsure about other effects on the body with different dosages. Keen to hear of other's experiences.

:)
 

 
Newage
Posts: 952
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:22 pm

Re: How Much NMN is Too Much?

Post by Newage » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:05 pm

RobSmith wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:06 am
Re "by Pickleball101 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:53 pm - ...Over the years I had tried doubling my NMN before Tournament play, and sneaking in some NAD+ spray between games. Same results, I was too far ahead of the ball...."

I had a very similar experience. Had forgotten to take a NAD+ spray and hour before my regular table tennis game, remembered 15 minutes beforehand and took my usual amount, but then found I was reacting too quickly and was too far ahead of the ball on many occasions. 

 

 
Interesting. I don’t participate in ball games so I haven’t experienced what you guys have but I’m thinking it is by way of increased perception and reflexes.
This may be a good thing but your body would have to get used to it and adjust accordingly.
Why not try it for a period of time and see what the competition results are over a couple of consecutive matches or tournaments.
Thinking allowed from a sports coach point of view..
 
drkris69
Posts: 670
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:41 pm

Re: How Much NMN is Too Much?

Post by drkris69 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:17 pm

After the first 4 weeks, I noticed a surge of energy and when I was lifting weights I was getting good pumps along with strength gains. I used to do TRT and the NMN made me feel the same way. Now, this was only in the first 3 to 4 months I noticed this. Since taking now for over a year, I just notice the days I take NMN I have more energy. :D
 
Newage
Posts: 952
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:22 pm

Re: How Much NMN is Too Much?

Post by Newage » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:03 pm

Newage wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:05 pm
RobSmith wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:06 am
Re "by Pickleball101 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:53 pm - ...Over the years I had tried doubling my NMN before Tournament play, and sneaking in some NAD+ spray between games. Same results, I was too far ahead of the ball...."

I had a very similar experience. Had forgotten to take a NAD+ spray and hour before my regular table tennis game, remembered 15 minutes beforehand and took my usual amount, but then found I was reacting too quickly and was too far ahead of the ball on many occasions. 

 


 
Interesting. I don’t participate in ball games so I haven’t experienced what you guys have but I’m thinking it is by way of increased perception and reflexes.
This may be a good thing but your body would have to get used to it and adjust accordingly.
Why not try it for a period of time and see what the competition results are over a couple of consecutive matches or tournaments.
Thinking aloud from a sports coach point of view..
 

 
 
Newage
Posts: 952
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:22 pm

Re: How Much NMN is Too Much?

Post by Newage » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:16 pm

drkris69 wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:17 pm
After the first 4 weeks, I noticed a surge of energy and when I was lifting weights I was getting good pumps along with strength gains. I used to do TRT and the NMN made me feel the same way. Now, this was only in the first 3 to 4 months I noticed this. Since taking now for over a year, I just notice the days I take NMN I have more energy. :D
 

 
I think you are right drkris69.
After a few months the energy surge becomes more passive. Initially it is “the Incredible  hulk feeling”. I think the body adjusts to the molecule over time and I remember that quite a number of Forum members have noted the same effects in the early stages of supplementation.
 
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic