NMNDo you have to take NMN (and other supplements) every day?

VictoriaB

Do you have to take NMN (and other supplements) every day?

Post by VictoriaB » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:18 pm

Hi
I'm a newbie and only started my NMN and Resveratrol journey 2 and half weeks ago. I take a number of other supplements (have been for years) including multi-B's, HTP, magnesium, D3 and collagen & fish oil 3 x week for good measure. I keep finding more supplements that seem like a good idea and consequently feel like I'm taking a lot of tablets! (I eat very clean and exercise moderately). So what I was wondering, does there have to be a continuous 'supply' of the various supplements in your system for them to be efficacious or would cycling them over 3 days work as well? I'm not sure whether some sort of threshold would have to be reached and maintained or whether sporadic 'hits' of supplement would work as well.

And (not sure whether I should start this on a different thread), what helped you decide what supplements you should take and in what dosage?

jocko6889

Re: Do you have to take NMN (and other supplements) every day?

Post by jocko6889 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:22 am

VictoriaB wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:18 pm
Hi
I'm a newbie and only started my NMN and Resveratrol journey 2 and half weeks ago. I take a number of other supplements (have been for years) including multi-B's, HTP, magnesium, D3 and collagen & fish oil 3 x week for good measure. I keep finding more supplements that seem like a good idea and consequently feel like I'm taking a lot of tablets! (I eat very clean and exercise moderately). So what I was wondering, does there have to be a continuous 'supply' of the various supplements in your system for them to be efficacious or would cycling them over 3 days work as well? I'm not sure whether some sort of threshold would have to be reached and maintained or whether sporadic 'hits' of supplement would work as well.

And (not sure whether I should start this on a different thread), what helped you decide what supplements you should take and in what dosage?

As for NAD+ boosters, it's good to take weekends off to avoid homeostasis.  In fact, I try to give my body a rest from supplements entirely by taking weekends off, except for a simple multivitamin which I take every day.

NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience » Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:29 pm

VictoriaB wrote:
Hi

I agree it is probably a good idea to skip a couple days per week of NMN.

I see you take Collagen. Did you notice any benefit to your skin? Any other benefits?
Taking:
Liposomal Curcumin / Resveratrol
NMN 500mg
Melatonin 1mg (am)
Blueberry extract 1g
Berberine 250mg
Vitamin E tocotrienols 50 mg
Astragalus 500 mg
Methyl B12 5000 mcg 3x/week
Methyl Folate 1000 mcg 1-3/week
guy

Post by guy » Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:33 am

i decided to stay away from fish oil. unless its been distilled you are ingesting lots of mercury, cadmium, lead and anything else they dump into the ocean.

i tend to take NMN sporadically now, the renue product seems to absorb into my system like crazy instead. 

VictoriaB

Post by VictoriaB » Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:16 pm

NewLifeScience wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:29 pm
VictoriaB wrote:
Hi

I agree it is probably a good idea to skip a couple days per week of NMN.

I see you take Collagen. Did you notice any benefit to your skin? Any other benefits?

Thanks for your response NewLifeScience, I think I will take a break on the weekends. The collagen I've only been taking for just over a month and then roughly 3 times a week, so to be honest, I have noticed no difference. I haven't really 'committed' to it as I've been feeling like I'm taking too many supplements at the moment so don't be scared off by my experience if you want to give it a try. I have a friend who swears by it but she's involved in some sort of collagen pyramid scheme, so honestly can't be sure!

RobSmith

Post by RobSmith » Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:56 pm

Firstly, welcome VictoriaB - I think you have come to the right place as there are a lot of very informative people who contribute on this forum.
On the subject of taking the NMN, totally agree with the others in that it's probably best to have one or two days off per week.
On the subject of collagen, from what I have learnt in the past, the body breaks down collagen supplements into the basic amino acids, so you aren't effectively going to get what you want from it. I'm no expert but as far as I'm concerned, collagen supplements in any form don't work and I wouldn't bother with them at all. 

VictoriaB

Post by VictoriaB » Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:42 am

RobSmith wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:56 pm
Firstly, welcome VictoriaB - I think you have come to the right place as there are a lot of very informative people who contribute on this forum.
On the subject of taking the NMN, totally agree with the others in that it's probably best to have one or two days off per week.
On the subject of collagen, from what I have learnt in the past, the body breaks down collagen supplements into the basic amino acids, so you aren't effectively going to get what you want from it. I'm no expert but as far as I'm concerned, collagen supplements in any form don't work and I wouldn't bother with them at all. 

Thanks Rob, that's really good to know. Yay, one less pill to take! 

drkris69

Post by drkris69 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:31 am

Yes welcome VictoriaB, all good info and yes 5 days on 2 days off is the way to go!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic