NMNHeadache from NMN

Freeha

Headache from NMN

Post by Freeha » Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:10 am

Hi everyone, I have a question regarding NMN and headache.
Im a doctor myself and have been suffering from migraines quit frequently.  I lived in the Netherlands and ordered NMN from alivenynature last year. I made the purchase online and almost paid double due to shipping and customs... So it was pricy.
I tried it for 3 months at 125mg a day and  hadnt noticed any significant benefits. I figured the dosage was too low but I delayed ordering more. 

Recently I have moved to Aruba and wanted to boost my NAD levels again. At first no NMN was available and things you order online usually get lost of take 3 monthx to clear the customs.
So I started taking niacin 200mg for 2 weeks. Besides the flushing and itching I also experience tachycardia (which can last for hours) and a pounding in my head, although not a headache. 
Recently I found NMN longenez  here bij Pro Health which are 250mg per subligual tablet. They are supposed to be third party tested and are 96% pure NMN. I enthousiastically bought them but these NMN tablets will definitly give me a pounding headache and half of the time trigger even a migraine. I dont know if its the brand or the dosage?  Do people experience headaches from NMN by alivebynature? Or by other brands? Is there any way to counter it? Does it affect the bloodpressure?

My husband who doesnt suffer from headaches has also noticed a headache after taking these NMN tablets.

On a positive note, my plantar fascitis which was bugging me for a year has almost completely cleared in the last month while taking 2-3 weeks of niacin and 1 week of NMN. That cant be a coincidence. Also Im doing great at sports, improving fast in crossfit and kitesurfing. Although I must say I'm also needing more sleep....

Any feedback on headaches and NMN would be helpfull. 

jocko6889

Re: Headache from NMN

Post by jocko6889 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:33 am

Freeha wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:10 am
Im a doctor myself and have been suffering from migraines quit frequently.  I lived in the Netherlands and ordered NMN from alivenynature last year. I made the purchase online and almost paid double due to shipping and customs... So it was pricy.
I tried it for 3 months at 125mg a day and  hadnt noticed any significant benefits. I figured the dosage was too low but I delayed ordering more. 

Recently I have moved to Aruba and wanted to boost my NAD levels again. At first no NMN was available and things you order online usually get lost of take 3 monthx to clear the customs.
So I started taking niacin 200mg for 2 weeks. Besides the flushing and itching I also experience tachycardia (which can last for hours) and a pounding in my head, although not a headache. 
Recently I found NMN longenez  here bij Pro Health which are 250mg per subligual tablet. They are supposed to be third party tested and are 96% pure NMN. I enthousiastically bought them but these NMN tablets will definitly give me a pounding headache and half of the time trigger even a migraine. I dont know if its the brand or the dosage?  Do people experience headaches from NMN by alivebynature? Or by other brands? Is there any way to counter it? Does it affect the bloodpressure?

My husband who doesnt suffer from headaches has also noticed a headache after taking these NMN tablets.

On a positive note, my plantar fascitis which was bugging me for a year has almost completely cleared in the last month while taking 2-3 weeks of niacin and 1 week of NMN. That cant be a coincidence. Also Im doing great at sports, improving fast in crossfit and kitesurfing. Although I must say I'm also needing more sleep....

I've not heard of any headaches, increased bloodpressure, or the other side effects you mentioned using Alive by Nature (now Alive by Science) products.  I would recommend starting with the NMN powder, slowly at first at 250mg/day then working up to 500mg/day to see how you react.  It's over 98 percent pure, which is pharmaceutical grade, so I doubt you'll have any problems.

Freeha

Post by Freeha » Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:32 pm

Yesss I would have definitly gone with Alivebynature BUT its not available here in Aruba and every single item I have ordered online has not been received here....
So thats why I was curious about what people here thing about NMN by prohealth and why Im experiencing headaches from it. 
rhett

Post by rhett » Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:02 pm

Not from NMN but resveratrol really triggered quite bad headaches for me. I switched to pterostilbene and have been fine since. 
nmnray

Post by nmnray » Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:43 pm

Freeha wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:10 am

Yes, when I first tried alive by nature a couple of years ago it would give me headaches every single time. I would switch back to NR and be fine and then switch back to NMN and the exact same thing. I went through a few cycles of this and gave up. I ended up throwing most of it away as it expired. Only recently I decided to try again and for some reason, it's not doing it anymore. I don't know what is up with that but I'm glad it stopped. I would definitely give it a shot and maybe you will be fine with it. I assume it's just an allergy to some part of it but I don't know. Im taking way more now than before and so far no problems. I think it might even be helping me. With NR, I never noticed anything.
Newage

Post by Newage » Sat Nov 14, 2020 1:21 am

Freeha wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:32 pm
Yesss I would have definitly gone with Alivebynature BUT its not available here in Aruba and every single item I have ordered online has not been received here....
So thats why I was curious about what people here thing about NMN by prohealth and why Im experiencing headaches from it. 

Hi Freeha.
I suggest you try the AliveByScience Pure NMN or NAD+ powder without any added sweeteners or additives.
Sometimes the problem may be with the fillers and not necessarily the active ingredient.  :idea:

dougiegoingdeep

Post by dougiegoingdeep » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:24 pm

I'm having the same problem. I previously took NMN from Double Wood, which was just pure capsules or powder. Never had an issue.

However, I wanted to try the subliminal NMN from Alive by Science. I'm getting big headaches. I'm not sure what the issue here is, but I feel like I just threw $110 dollars in the trash. 
Newage

Post by Newage » Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:04 pm

dougiegoingdeep wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:24 pm
I'm having the same problem. I previously took NMN from Double Wood, which was just pure capsules or powder. Never had an issue.

However, I wanted to try the subliminal NMN from Alive by Science. I'm getting big headaches. I'm not sure what the issue here is, but I feel like I just threw $110 dollars in the trash. 

Hi dougiegoingdeep.
You should try the AliveByScience NMN or NAD+ Pure Powder form. It is still held under the tongue for absorption as a Sublingual delivery.
I use quite a lot of ABS Pure Powder without any additives...👍

drkris69

Post by drkris69 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:13 pm

Please make sure that number one is that the NMN you are purchasing is Pharmaceutical GRADE.  I can assure you ABS only uses Pharmaceutical grade in their products.

NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience » Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:28 pm

dougiegoingdeep wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:24 pm

May I ask how much you are taking at once and when?

You could try 125 mg 2-3x per day right after eating. It is strange. It is possible that something it is mixed with is causing the issue. Maybe someone on here can trade you what you have with the liposomal formulation.

Whatever happens, I hope you don't give up on NMN if you are 40s or older I think it is vital to anti-aging. 
Taking:
Liposomal Curcumin / Resveratrol
NMN 500mg
Melatonin 1mg (am)
Blueberry extract 1g
Berberine 250mg
Vitamin E tocotrienols 50 mg
Astragalus 500 mg
Methyl B12 5000 mcg 3x/week
Methyl Folate 1000 mcg 1-3/week
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic