NMNRecommended 'time under tongue' for sublingual NMN?

FancyandDandy

Recommended 'time under tongue' for sublingual NMN?

Post by FancyandDandy » Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:46 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm wondering if anyone knows how long you're meant to keep the sublingual powder under your tongue to ensure proper absorption? Same goes for the liposomal NMN product. I have both and I guess I've just been keeping it in there for as long as possible - like 15 minutes haha. But I haven't been able to find any guidance on this. Like what is the minimum time to keep it in? And how long does it take for the entire dosage to be absorbed by the mouth before swallowing?

Thank you

NewLifeScience

Re: Recommended 'time under tongue' for sublingual NMN?

Post by NewLifeScience » Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:25 pm

FancyandDandy wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:46 pm
Hi everyone,

I'm wondering if anyone knows how long you're meant to keep the sublingual powder under your tongue to ensure proper absorption? Same goes for the liposomal NMN product. I have both and I guess I've just been keeping it in there for as long as possible - like 15 minutes haha. But I haven't been able to find any guidance on this. Like what is the minimum time to keep it in? And how long does it take for the entire dosage to be absorbed by the mouth before swallowing?

Thank you

If you can swish it around for between 5-10 minutes you are doing great. The NMN compound is extremely bioavailable. If you can do 15, then maybe you can stand doing 10 every day.

I am taking 500mg, so I am content to do it all at once and take about 5-6 minutes.

NMN

Astragalus
Berberine
Blueberry extract
Green Tea Extract
Gotu Kola
Liposomal Curcumin / Resveratrol
Melatonin
Methyl B12
Methylfolate
Sulforaphane
Vitamin C
Vitamin D
Vitamin E tocotrienols
Vitamin K2
Virgin Olive Oil
jocko6889

Post by jocko6889 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:20 pm

FancyandDandy wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:46 pm
Hi everyone,

Thank you

Absorption under the tongue varies with the individual.  Some can absorb it in a couple of minutes.  Like you, my absorption tends to be a bit slow.  The liposomal NMN is not nearly as dependent on sublingual delivery (although I do like to get some of the gel absorbed that way for a few minutes before swallowing).  Liposomes protect the NMN from getting broken down by the digestive system when swallowed, so unlike the powder, much more gets to the tissues intact via oral delivery.  This is why liposomal NMN is so much more bioavailable than powder.  The same amount in milligrams will generate 3 to 5 times more NAD+ in the body (250mg of lipo NMN equals 750mg or more of the NMN powder).  So the product is more expensive, but it's a better value because of it's bioavailability and efficiency.  It's also a bit easier to take.  Soon, the game will change with NAD+ complex, a combination of powdered liposomal NAD+, NMN, and NR all in one.

drkris69

Post by drkris69 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:47 am

Oh I cant wait! I love when ABS comes out with new products! :D

FancyandDandy

Post by FancyandDandy » Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:04 pm

Thank you both for your responses and advice. This makes sense!

There's a new NAD complex product coming out? Wow that sounds very promising
ChrisBON

Post by ChrisBON » Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:07 pm

I find the sublingual process pretty fast... i don't need a lot of saliva, and it just disintegrates under my tongue in the couple of minutes... but if it didn't, i would take as long as it takes - i want to get every bit of it.

Even when i used the liposomal foam.. i kept it in my mouth until it was pretty much absorbed.

Taking:
NMN since June, 2019 (started at 250mg, 500mg as of Oct 1st)
NAD+ nasal spray since July, 2019
Resveratrol since Sept 2019
Astaxanthin 10mg since October 20th
Blueberry concentrate 500 mg since October 20th
Berberine 250 mg since October 20th
NYhealth

Post by NYhealth » Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:56 pm

jocko6889 wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:20 pm
Absorption under the tongue varies with the individual.  Some can absorb it in a couple of minutes.  Like you, my absorption tends to be a bit slow.  The liposomal NMN is not nearly as dependent on sublingual delivery (although I do like to get some of the gel absorbed that way for a few minutes before swallowing).  Liposomes protect the NMN from getting broken down by the digestive system when swallowed, so unlike the powder, much more gets to the tissues intact via oral delivery.  This is why liposomal NMN is so much more bioavailable than powder.  The same amount in milligrams will generate 3 to 5 times more NAD+ in the body (250mg of lipo NMN equals 750mg or more of the NMN powder).  So the product is more expensive, but it's a better value because of it's bioavailability and efficiency.  It's also a bit easier to take.  Soon, the game will change with NAD+ complex, a combination of powdered liposomal NAD+, NMN, and NR all in one.

Based upon it not getting broken down by the digestive system why not just swallow it right away?  (I find I can only keep that in my mouth for 30 seconds before swallowing due to saliva build-up as opposed to the powder I can keep in my mouth for 15 min)  Thank you :)

jocko6889

Post by jocko6889 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:45 pm

It's a fair point and there's probably not much difference in bioavailability either way.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic