NMNNewbie User and first time bad experience Please help!

tonydunne408

Newbie User and first time bad experience Please help!

Post by tonydunne408 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:35 am

Hi All,
First of all I'm delighted I came across this Forum. After reading through most threads everybody seems to be well versed in the area of NAD boosters. 

So on to my story, as my first NAD boosterexperience went very bad. i'M a  48 year old male with young kids . Have always suffered with Anxiety but recently especially in Full lockdown it had become extreme. btw I'm in Ireland.  Anyway , I'm one of these individuals who refuses to do full anti depressants (maybe an occasional half xanax). Also, I've always being interested in supplementation as a different approach.  As my anxiety was increasing in lockdown so was my chronic fatigue. I'm normally active, but in Ireland we've pretty much been isolated in our houses for 6 months. To cut a long story short I came across David Sinclair and after more research I landed here.  NAD supplementation looked like a good option for me to managed my chronic fatigue. At first I was unsure  whether to order NMN ,NR or NAD+? i said feck it I will order all 3 and figure out which is best. 

On Friday my NR arrived - I ordered it from a reputable uk supplier(FEELSUPREME) and it also contained ASTAXANTHIN.
 ASTAXANTHIN is powerful anti oxident, but I think has weird side effects. Anyway, the NR arrived first(friday) and my NMN and NAD is due to arrive today (so NR 3 days earlier). BTW I've ordered the NAD and NR  from a different supplier. So on Friday I took one 250 pill of THE NR in the morning at 10 am . Approx 80 mins lately I had surge of energy like coffee without the jitters. I ended up bringing my 3 year old to the park and we ran around for about 45 mins. After this I just felt nice and calm. Everything was sharper,more vivid and intense. It was quite jarring tbh. So at 5pm I took another 250 m pill . It said to take 2 a day on the bottle. However, I only game my Mrs just one, i took 500mg that day. the next morning i woke up fresh a daisy jumped out of bed and proceeded to have a great day with the kids and mrs. I said to myself i'm cured! this is a wonder supplement. 

This all changed yesterday morning when I took 250 mg at 10am (id been take 2 x 250mg daily since friday).  I started to feel incredibly agitated and a massive alertness and energy buzz. told the mrs i need to go for a run , besides i needed to get out of the house as was agitated.  Went for a 45min run and came back. However, the massive energy spike and agitation increased 10 fold. Very scary and next minute I'm having a panic attack. i knew what it was but couldn't control the spike. Had to take a half xanax to calm me down.  Also, myself and the wife over the course of the few days suffered from extreme IBS and wind. I figured this was the ASTAxANTHIN. The NR experiment was a disaster for me, but maybe i was taking too much at 500mg. My wife was ok bar the IBS at 250mg but even at that she said this side effect was too much. Anyway i'm now afraid to do the NR in the fridge and my NAD+ and NMN is arriving today.

I don't want to quit after one attempt as think maybe NR too extreme or even the dose. Can somebody please tell me how to approach?. Did I take too much NR and it elevated my anxiety, Would i be better off trying NAD +. Is NAD more calming and mental. Would I be ok on a very small amount of NMW (150MG) +NAD. This stuff was great up until yesterday, but it got so extreme it felt like i was on some form of narcotic or after drinking 50 cups of coffee. i don't want to give up here and have spent a lot of money.

Any advise would be helpful. Again my NR and NMN is arriving today and it's legit. Bio Life Science. I just don't want to have the extreme burst of energy . would prefare some nice clean energy and clarity. Any any advise would be helpful.

excuse typos and errors I'm still a bit uneasy after yesterday bad NR experience

thanks 
Tony

jocko6889

Re: Newbie User and first time bad experience Please help!

Post by jocko6889 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:23 am

Sorry you had that experience.  It's unfortunate but in the supplement industry you always have to wonder if you're even getting what is on the label.  At Alive by Science, all NAD+ boosters are triple independently lab tested for purity.  Not sure if the company you bought the NR from has this or not but it's always possible they substituted NR for something else cheaper that rev'ed up your energy levels and caused the negative side effects.  

Dosage is always a consideration and with NAD+ boosters it's a very individual thing.  Start with 250mg/day and work your way up slowly, looking for any problems like too much energy or insomnia.  If that happens back off to a lower dose.  Actually, I've not heard anyone complain of too much energy before, so something's wrong there.  It shouldn't cause anxiety.  As I said, make sure the company is reputable and the product is independently tested for purity.  Keep us up to date with how you're doing.
tonydunne408

Post by tonydunne408 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:58 am

Thanks in hindsight I think the product as you said could have had something else in it ? Caffeine maybe? I also took quercetin that day so could have intensified everything . Looks like my nmn and nad is stuck in customs at FedEx (restricted item?). I might have to bite the bullet and order from ALivebyscience . Can u tell me  what’s the basic difference between nad+ and your nmn product ? I will probably buy both .is nad milder and more mental ? I don’t want the panic attacks back . Also , would it be beneficial to supplement with tmg(for dopamine).

if I order I hope it doesn’t get stuck in customs again ?

thanks
tony
jocko6889

Post by jocko6889 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:05 pm

tonydunne408 wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:58 am
Thanks in hindsight I think the product as you said could have had something else in it ? Caffeine maybe? I also took quercetin that day so could have intensified everything . Looks like my nmn and nad is stuck in customs at FedEx (restricted item?). I might have to bite the bullet and order from ALivebyscience . Can u tell me  what’s the basic difference between nad+ and your nmn product ? I will probably buy both .is nad milder and more mental ? I don’t want the panic attacks back . Also , would it be beneficial to supplement with tmg(for dopamine).

if I order I hope it doesn’t get stuck in customs again ?

thanks
tony

Tony, we've tested competitor's products for purity and in one case, it had ZERO NMN!  I wouldn't be surprised to learn they substituted caffeine or other cheap powder for NMN in your case.  

NMN is a precursor to NAD+, meaning that it will turn into NMN when it arrives at the tissues.  NAD+ crosses the blood/brain barrier easier, so would be recommended for restoring NAD+ levels in the brain.  NMN is a really good all purpose NAD+ booster.  You should never get panic attacks or feel stressed.  

Yes, it's recommended you take TMG in equal milligrams to what you're taking in NAD+ boosters.  

tonydunne408

Post by tonydunne408 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:37 am

Just reporting back as after receiving my abs nad nasal spray and nmn sl 250mg tabs . Last week I didn’t have a great experience with a 2nd rateuk supplier of nr . Anyone as I suffer from stress and anxiety I was of course a little nervous taking my first dose of the nasal spray . If anything I took to much as had to get use to the spray . Anyway within 10 mins my normal racing anxiety mind became still and clarity and calmness became apparent . Very different to the nr product I tried last week as that just gave me a burst of energy . The only problem I have with the spray right now is a headache . Maybe this happened as I took far to much . Have only just taken a very small amount of abs Nmn (125 mg / Half a capsule ) . So far so good but I may have to switch to the nad powder if headaches continue . Let me know if anyone gets headaches from the spray. Otherwise , fabulous product . 

Tony b
Newage

Post by Newage » Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:59 pm

Hi Tony and welcome to the forum.
You have certainly been through “ the Mill” with your buying and taking alternative brand products.
My personal advice is to stick to AliveByScience products as they are independently tested and the company will always help customers whenever it can.
You also have to tread carefully with your already high anxiety and panic levels.
Most of us on the forum have tried the ABS NAD+ Nasal Spray and as you say, it is a great product but I think you have fallen for the old trick of “too much too early”
Give your body time to adjust by taking the minimum amount of ABS product for two weeks and then report back on the forum with your experience. We will all help new forum members whenever we can. Good luck on your ABS journey..
drkris69

Post by drkris69 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:09 am

Yes welcome and I couldnt have said that better than Newage! Please report back in a couple 0f weeks and let us know if any changes.
OzSport

Post by OzSport » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:36 pm

Welcome tonydunne408, glad you found the forums!

Sorry you've had some bad experiences with the stuff you got from the other suppliers.  Totally agree with everyone, especially with what jocko6889 has noted -- sometimes you just don't know what the companies are putting in their supplements, so it's so important to go with a trusted supplier.

I can attest that our household uses only ABS NMN products, and we've had no issues.  Definitely give ABS NMN a try, and also start with the lower dosage and see how you go with that.  I reckon also monitor your sleep and nutrition to help complement the benefits of NMN.

Stay safe, good luck and keep us posted!   :)

tonydunne408

Post by tonydunne408 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:26 pm

Hi folks , reporting back in after a week of some usage. So I’m still trying to find my sweet spot . 1 shot if nasal spray in the morning followed by 125mg of abs nmn works lovely . Then in the afternoon another 125mg of nmn . As somebody who suffers with stress and anxiety this completely wipes my anxiety out and I feel a million dollars . I did experiment on Monday and took maybe 3 times that among . This sent me into sensory overload .too much enerygy from nmn touch senses with the nad . If I keep it to the said amount the stuff is a game changer . Don’t be greedy on this stuff ! It’s amazing if you get the sweet spot . My mrs is also taking it and is a totally different person After 1 week . No stress in the house . One thing is I’m trying to figure out what the nad does for me . Nmn makes me feel like I’m 25 where nad seems to stop my racing thoughts . Very different! Anyway so far so very good . Just don’t be greedy on this stuff . Not for the moment anyway 🤩
tonydunne408

Post by tonydunne408 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:31 pm

One more thing ! My confidence is through the roof . It eliminates social anxiety . Something I developed when I had kids ! 🧐
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic