NMNHigh dose of NMN for elderly mother

NewLifeScience

High dose of NMN for elderly mother

Post by NewLifeScience » Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:04 pm

I just had a great experience. When you are caring for an elderly parent who had medical issues fulltime... life can be heart-breaking. I have been giving my 85 year old mom a modest .4 - 0.5g of NMN SL per day five days per week. And I strongly believe that rather than deteriorate over the past year due to isolation and stress - she has held her own.

She has recently been diagnosed with heart valve issues, atrial fibrillation  and also chronic pain was having such a weak day after other weak days, it was heart breaking. So I gave her 1.5 grams of NMN SL. Within 2 days she had the best day (she judges them according to her ability to do tasks - and there isn't a damn thing I can do about it) she has had in at least 3 months.

So now I am wondering if I should continue to give her that amount.

This new form of NAD+ booster (NMNH) may make it easier to boost her NAD+ level.

NMN

Astragalus
Berberine
Blueberry extract
Green Tea Extract
Gotu Kola
Liposomal Curcumin / Resveratrol
Melatonin
Methyl B12
Methylfolate
Vitamin C
Vitamin D
Vitamin E tocotrienols
Vitamin K2
Virgin Olive Oil
CeeJayBee

Re: High dose of NMN for elderly mother

Post by CeeJayBee » Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:22 pm

NewLifeScience wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:04 pm
I just had a great experience. When you are caring for an elderly parent who had medical issues fulltime... life can be heart-breaking. I have been giving my 85 year old mom a modest .4 - 0.5g of NMN SL per day five days per week. And I strongly believe that rather than deteriorate over the past year due to isolation and stress - she has held her own.

She has recently been diagnosed with heart valve issues, atrial fibrillation  and also chronic pain was having such a weak day after other weak days, it was heart breaking. So I gave her 1.5 grams of NMN SL. Within 2 days she had the best day (she judges them according to her ability to do tasks - and there isn't a damn thing I can do about it) she has had in at least 3 months.

This new form of NAD+ booster (NMNH) may make it easier to boost her NAD+ level.

That would be excellent even if the NMN played a smaller part - although it looks like it played THE part.

Do you find your mother's energy levels are cyclical... good for a while, not so good for a while?

My Dad seems that way. He also has mild cognitive impairment which i think I have seen improvement on with NMN and Lion's Mane mushroom extract.

jocko6889

Post by jocko6889 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:43 pm

NewLifeScience wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:04 pm

NAD+ boosters work wonders for very elderly, whose levels have dropped significantly over the years.  I've had the same experience with my parents.  Holding their own and in some respects actually improving.  I agree about NMNH.  Would be great if it pans out.

drkris69

Post by drkris69 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:48 pm

Great to hear this Newlifescience! :D

OMillsPA

Post by OMillsPA » Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:51 pm

I struggle with the same issues.  My mother is 86 and almost died in early February due to an infection.  Dr. put her on Cholesterol medicine in September and her health and strength and brains went down hill steadily.  We quit taking it three weeks ago, I added 100 ubiquinol coq10 and 10000 IUS of vitamin D and she recovered and is doing better than the past 3 years.  She is also on many other vitamins not needed to mention.  I haven't put her on NMN, but am thinking about it.  I think if I start off slowly it will be ok.  I have nurses checking her regularly so it is a good time for me to start this.  Her vital signs are excellent.  (Oxygen, pulse, BP, temp.)  Any thoughts?

canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy » Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:40 pm

OMillsPA wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:51 pm
I struggle with the same issues.  My mother is 86 and almost died in early February due to an infection.  Dr. put her on Cholesterol medicine in September and her health and strength and brains went down hill steadily.  We quit taking it three weeks ago, I added 100 ubiquinol coq10 and 10000 IUS of vitamin D and she recovered and is doing better than the past 3 years.  She is also on many other vitamins not needed to mention.  I haven't put her on NMN, but am thinking about it.  I think if I start off slowly it will be ok.  I have nurses checking her regularly so it is a good time for me to start this.  Her vital signs are excellent.  (Oxygen, pulse, BP, temp.)  Any thoughts?

I say go for it. The one thing you want to keep an eye out for, in case there is a fair bit of 'unused' NMN being excreted is the potential for depletion of certain methyl groups. This is easily managed by supplementation of methyl-B12 and Follate.

This was covered here: https://alivebyscience.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=1966

CeeJayBee

Post by CeeJayBee » Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:50 pm

Yes it is probably a good idea to skip one or two days per week... and supplement with the vitamin b12 methyl and follate - just to be safe and not rob her system of methyl groups.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic