NMNNMN and flushing (warmth)

mydarlingesme

NMN and flushing (warmth)

Post by mydarlingesme » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:07 pm

Hello Everyone!

I started taking NMN two weeks ago. The results have been wonderful. Less joint pain, more energy, even mood.
Yesterday, I began to have a slight flushing on my cheeks which passed.  (No pain, no discomfort anywhere.)

Today it has happened again with the addition of some warmth in my cheeks. Has this happened to anyone else?
From what I can see online flushing might happen and, perhaps, it will simply stop happening (or maybe my dose
is too high)??  It hasn't bothered me, and I have no other symptoms. I cannot find anything to indicate this is
something to be concerned about.

Since I have been lurking about and enjoying everyone's insight and comments, I thought I would jump in and ask.

NMN (lozenge) 1000mg
Trans-Resveratrol 1000 mg
Berberine 1000 mg
TMG 1000 mg

I also ordered Renue Transdermal Body Serum (arrived today) and wonder if I should not try it for awhile until the flushing stops.
And/or drop the NMN down to 500mg...or wait it out.

Thoughts?? Much appreciated.

THANK YOU!!

NewLifeScience

Re: NMN and flushing (warmth)

Post by NewLifeScience » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:02 pm

mydarlingesme wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:07 pm
Hello Everyone!

I started taking NMN two weeks ago. The results have been wonderful. Less joint pain, more energy, even mood.
Yesterday, I began to have a slight flushing on my cheeks which passed.  (No pain, no discomfort anywhere.)

Today it has happened again with the addition of some warmth in my cheeks. Has this happened to anyone else?
From what I can see online flushing might happen and, perhaps, it will simply stop happening (or maybe my dose
is too high)??  It hasn't bothered me, and I have no other symptoms. I cannot find anything to indicate this is
something to be concerned about.

Since I have been lurking about and enjoying everyone's insight and comments, I thought I would jump in and ask.

NMN (lozenge) 1000mg
Trans-Resveratrol 1000 mg
Berberine 1000 mg
TMG 1000 mg

I also ordered Renue Transdermal Body Serum (arrived today) and wonder if I should not try it for awhile until the flushing stops.
And/or drop the NMN down to 500mg...or wait it out.

Thoughts?? Much appreciated.

THANK YOU!!

Hi and welcome to the forum. I imagine you will hear from several of us about our approach to dosing, all of them different.

I think starting right off with that dose is the likely reason you are experiencing the flushing. And I think that 1 gram of NMN, especially if it is AliveByScience's is far more bioavailable than what even Dr. D. sinclair was taking. One of the missions with ABS is getting more NMN to our tissues to raise the levels of NAD+ and it will be an endless journey.

It is sort of like hitting the ground running at that dose. I certainly don't see any harm in it. But it could very well explain the flushing. Also there is the possibility that if it is slightly too much for you, you could be lowering certain methyl groups...
that is discussed here: https://alivebyscience.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=1576&p=6854&hilit=methyl+donors#p6854

Several of use started at 125 mg (for me it was almost 3 years ago, with another supplier) and then 250, 375,m etc. And now that I take NMN from ABS, and fast, exercise more, and take many other supplements (sirt activators, senolytics, etc) the dose i am satisfied with is 500mg per day, roughly 5 days per week.

One member describes the day he really began to notice the benefits (strength and stamina) at 500mg here: https://alivebyscience.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=835

Everyone is different. And there are people taking 1 gram and others less. But we are all keenly interested in what works for each of us as individuals. I am pretty sure from what you are taking that you have done your homework and are ready to build your longevity regimen.

(P.S. You will love the body serum - it is like pouring health into your skin!)

NMN

Astragalus
Berberine
Blueberry extract
Green Tea Extract
Gotu Kola
Liposomal Curcumin / Resveratrol
Melatonin
Methyl B12
Methylfolate
Sulforaphane
Vitamin C
Vitamin D
Vitamin E tocotrienols
Vitamin K2
Virgin Olive Oil
mydarlingesme

Post by mydarlingesme » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:19 pm

Thank you so much for your prompt and thorough reply. It is (very) much appreciated.
I think I will try 500mg for the next week. (If I can get the same results, even better. And, I'll be saving money!!) :D

As an aside, did you adjust your oral dose when adding the body serum?
smokinjoe

Post by smokinjoe » Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:48 am

Hi there!

I agree with NewLifeScience that with that dose, especially this quickly there would definite be an adjustment period. And with Niacin and its derivatives there can be a warm, flushed sensation.

Also if you haven't already, you can look up about Methyl groups, which can be depleted via excretion with unused NMN.

I know ABS is adding 25 mg of TMG to address this and it may already be included with what you have been taking, if that is your source.

But vitamin B12 as methylcobalamin (and for some, another derivative, adenosylcobalamin) and folate are good to have handy if you ever feel tired.

At my dose... 500mg 5 or 6 times per week i take B12 and folate about once or twice a week.

Welcome! And looking forward to reading your contributions.

Joe

mydarlingesme

Post by mydarlingesme » Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:34 pm

Thank you @smokinjoe and @newlifescience your input is much appreciated!
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:29 am

mydarlingesme wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:19 pm
Thank you so much for your prompt and thorough reply. It is (very) much appreciated.
I think I will try 500mg for the next week. (If I can get the same results, even better. And, I'll be saving money!!) :D

I keep to my regimen of 500mg 5 days per week, I know the serum raises NAD+  in the tissues nearby and possibly in the blood, but i am ok with maintaning the same levels with the serum or lotion.
NMN

Astragalus
Berberine
Blueberry extract
Green Tea Extract
Gotu Kola
Liposomal Curcumin / Resveratrol
Melatonin
Methyl B12
Methylfolate
Sulforaphane
Vitamin C
Vitamin D
Vitamin E tocotrienols
Vitamin K2
Virgin Olive Oil
jessicaP

Post by jessicaP » Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:18 pm

mydarlingesme wrote:

That is a pretty good question, especially If you use it over a large surface area. Someone on here was noticing when they put a lot on, they had more energy. Anecdotal, but with more than one of us reporting it, there is likely some truth to it. NAD+ levels must get boosted to a degree from the serum.

Newage

Post by Newage » Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:46 pm

mydarlingesme wrote:

Yes mydarlingesme. I think too much too soon..
The body has to adjust and most members on the forum have built intake up to their perceived sweet spot over time. Welcome to the forum...

mydarlingesme

Post by mydarlingesme » Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:55 pm

I'd like to thank everyone for the welcome and their feedback.
As an update, the flushing happened the next day, more slightly, and then disappeared entirely.

(Note: I stuck with the 1000mg, but divided the doses to early am and noon.)

Last edited by mydarlingesme on Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Newage

Post by Newage » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:17 am

mydarlingesme wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:55 pm
I'd like to thank everyone for the welcome and their feedback.
As an update, the flushing happened the next day, more slightly, and then disappeared entirely.

There you go. We all need to “crawl before we walk”
A lot of us started on 250 mg per day and added 125 mg per day per week and so on up to what we perceived as our daily sweet spot. Mostly between 500mg to 1000mg per day..

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic