NMNNew to this stuff, looking for a good starting regimen

michaeljkelly

New to this stuff, looking for a good starting regimen

Post by michaeljkelly » Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:39 pm

Hi there
I see there are a lot of AliveByScience forum users... all of who know much more than I do.

I came across NAD Boosters on Facebook, but the information there is a bit confusing to me, I have always found Facebook groups harder to follow than the old style BBS - and i am pleased to have found this group.

I am just over 58, and i have no diseases that i am aware of. I have been smoke free for 8 years and i really want to take charge of my health and do as much as i can to have a long and healthy life.

I am maybe 25 pounds over weight. It seems a lot of people went one way or the other during this pandemic, but i have been largely the same. I do want to get back exercising. 

My one weakness I that i feel low in energy. Maybe it's a low grade depression. So I am trying to get myself motivated to turn things around, lose weight and start some form of exercise. It will have to be jogging and maybe a home gym, since I think we are not close to having a safe gym experience for at least many months.

Does anyone have a good way for me to start? How much NMN should I be taking? Is there something I should be taking in addition? I am learning a lot - and it seems that I could take NAD or NAD boosters. I think it makes more sense to take something to boost NAD rather than taking NAD itself. But I am not sure.

I guess I am looking for a starter kit.

drkris69

Re: New to this stuff, looking for a good starting regimen

Post by drkris69 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:55 pm

Welcome to the forum. There is plenty to read about here so take advantage. Alive By Science only uses pharmaceutical grade so rest assured you are getting the best products. Personally I would start with NMN sublingual and work your way up to 500mgs daily for the 1st month. It will take a couple of weeks before you will notice anything so just hang in there and keep going and then one day you will wake up and feel that supercharged feeling! :D

RobSmith

Post by RobSmith » Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:34 am

Good sleep (at least 7.5hrs as a minimum of actual sleep and that's not just time in bed), good diet (with time restricted feeding i.e. try to go 14 hours between last meal of one day and first meal of next) with no snacking, and good exercise (2.5-3 hours aerobic zone 2 training per week plus a session of high intensity aerobic training, and some all body weight exercises like squats or dead lifts if/when you can get the equipment) will have the biggest earliest impact that should be quite noticeable (and long before you'll notice anything from NMN or any other supplement). 
Keep that all going even after the NMN benefits start kicking in and you should then really feel in good shape.
jocko6889

Post by jocko6889 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:10 pm

Great advice by others here and I will just add to that congrats on deciding to change things up and look for healthier ways to live.  My suggestion would be to try the NMN sublingual powder at 500mg per day to start in the morning and as long as you don't have issues sleeping, try increasing the dosage gradually up to as high as 1,000mg if you want.  Since you have issues with depression I would take TMG along with that in equal milligrams to the amount of NMN you are taking.  TMG restores methyl groups important for synthesizing creatine for muscle and dopamine for the brain.  A shortage of methyl groups can cause fatigue and/or depression.  There are other amazing supplements you could try in addition, like resveratrol and liposomal glutathione but I would add supplements slowly so that you can take your time evaluating each one and how your body is reacting to it before moving on to the next one.

Eating one meal a day is very beneficial to turning on and off mTor daily, going from building up the body and muscle tissues to autophagy, which is like the auto-clean function of a self-cleaning oven, cleaning out all the cellular waste and garbage on a daily basis.  Read James Clement's book "The Switch" where he explains this very important concept.  The idea is supported by Dr. David Sinclair as well.  Best of luck and keep us posted on how you're doing.

Newage

Post by Newage » Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:20 pm

I agree RobSmith..
Good sleep, intermittent fasting and exercise are the key and then build your AliveByScience Supplement Protocol around that. You could consider including some adaptogen herbal supplements as well.
drkris69

Post by drkris69 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:13 pm

Dont forget the Mushrooms! :shock:

NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience » Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:10 am

Good morning and welcome Michael!

As you can see we have many enthusiastic members willing to support you in your journey, as many of us call it.

If you look at the list in my signature, you will see that my participation goes somewhat beyond mild enthusiasm. If you are curious about why i take a particular item, feel free to message me or post and ask.

But NMN paired with TMG and Resveratrol, as well as fasting are a great way to start. If you fast regularly as exercise daily, the weight should come down. I have lost 50 pounds over the last 18 months.
NMN

Astragalus
Berberine
Blueberry extract
Green Tea Extract
Gotu Kola
Liposomal Curcumin / Resveratrol
Melatonin
Methyl B12
Methylfolate
Sulforaphane
TMG
Vitamin C
Vitamin D
Vitamin E tocotrienols
Vitamin K2
Virgin Olive Oil
Newage

Post by Newage » Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:32 pm

drkris69 wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:13 pm
Dont forget the Mushrooms! :shock:

Sorry drkris69.. I forget to mention our shrooming 🍄
A big part of the daily regimen.

michaeljkelly

Post by michaeljkelly » Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:24 am

THank you all.

A lot to think about and research here.

Which shrooms are we talking about specificially?
Newage

Post by Newage » Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:10 pm

michaeljkelly wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:24 am
THank you all.

A lot to think about and research here.

Which shrooms are we talking about specificially?

I take a mixture of Reishi, Chaga, Cordyceps and Lions Mane 🍄 Shroom Powder all mixed together in one storage container then I add
1x teaspoon to hot water as a tea and take twice per day.. All of the above mushrooms have their own unique properties and benefits.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic