NMNNMN Side Effects

Barlick
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:31 am

NMN Side Effects

Post by Barlick » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:37 am

I was interested to note jock06889 comment on the insomnia thread that throwing high amounts of NMN at yourself might not be necessary as your body is doing fairly well with producing NAD+. This brings me to increased issues with acid reflux and  achy back which is worse at 1g of NMN and gets better when dropped to 0.6g. At 69 years of age I have not had my NAD+ levels checked but as most folk accept, the levels drop off with age. The other thing is that 0.8mg per 1kg has also been suggested as a measure of NMN intake. So, at 73kg, 600mg of NMN would do the trick, even though late afternoon and evening the acid reflux comes along with achy back, but not as bad as when on 1g of NMN. I was prompted to raise this as someone else in a Reddit post who was taking NR was commenting on the digestion and achy back that I am experiencing. Has anybody else experienced this? And how best to mitigate these side effects?

Taking currently:
NMN - 600mg
Reservertrol (in yoghurt or with avocado) - 500mg
Vit D,K2,MG,
Sirt6 Activator -800mg
TMG - 500mg
 


RobSmith
Posts: 202
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:34 am
Location: UK

Re: NMN Side Effects

Post by RobSmith » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:54 am

I had acid reflux for over a decade.
Starting on NMN didn't appear to make any difference, nor make it better or worse with any change in doses (and I have tried a large amount of different dose levels)
What did completely stop it was stopping the use of seed oils. (It is possible that longer term use of NMN helped the healing process but impossible to prove).
I haven't taken a proton-pump inhibitor since last April and even the usual Christmas overeating didn't start it. 
I'm convinced that seed oils (rapeseed oil, sunflower oil, sesame seed oil etc) were the cause and banishing them from the diet has proven to be the cure. 
(I use olive oil, coconut oil and good old-fashioned lard instead).
Barlick
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:31 am

Re: NMN Side Effects

Post by Barlick » Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:07 pm

Thanks Rob, but in my case seed oils don't really apply unless my adding flax seeds to porridge didn't help. Stopped flax seeds now even though they are considered a healthy option.
drkris69
Posts: 1116
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:41 pm

Re: NMN Side Effects

Post by drkris69 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:37 am

RobSmith wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:54 am
I had acid reflux for over a decade.
Starting on NMN didn't appear to make any difference, nor make it better or worse with any change in doses (and I have tried a large amount of different dose levels)
What did completely stop it was stopping the use of seed oils. (It is possible that longer term use of NMN helped the healing process but impossible to prove).
I haven't taken a proton-pump inhibitor since last April and even the usual Christmas overeating didn't start it. 
I'm convinced that seed oils (rapeseed oil, sunflower oil, sesame seed oil etc) were the cause and banishing them from the diet has proven to be the cure. 
(I use olive oil, coconut oil and good old-fashioned lard instead).

 
Seed oils are bad for us humans and the problem is that they are in all processed foods. 
 
RobSmith
Posts: 202
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:34 am
Location: UK

Re: NMN Side Effects

Post by RobSmith » Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:01 pm

drkris69 wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:37 am
RobSmith wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:54 am
I had acid reflux for over a decade.
Starting on NMN didn't appear to make any difference, nor make it better or worse with any change in doses (and I have tried a large amount of different dose levels)
What did completely stop it was stopping the use of seed oils. (It is possible that longer term use of NMN helped the healing process but impossible to prove).
I haven't taken a proton-pump inhibitor since last April and even the usual Christmas overeating didn't start it. 
I'm convinced that seed oils (rapeseed oil, sunflower oil, sesame seed oil etc) were the cause and banishing them from the diet has proven to be the cure. 
(I use olive oil, coconut oil and good old-fashioned lard instead).


 
Seed oils are bad for us humans and the problem is that they are in all processed foods. 
 

 
Indeed, I think seed oils are the root of all evil when it comes to many of the afflictions of ageing. 
Barlick wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:07 pm
Thanks Rob, but in my case seed oils don't really apply unless my adding flax seeds to porridge didn't help. Stopped flax seeds now even though they are considered a healthy option.

 
Adding flaxseeds is fine and healthy as they aren't processed. It's the processing of the seed oils that makes them extremely unhealthy. 
 
Pickleball101
Posts: 143
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:06 pm
Location: Diamondhead,Ms.
Contact:

Re: NMN Side Effects

Post by Pickleball101 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:15 pm

One of the benefits of being the oldest in the Forum, is I have learned from older than I remedies to aging malady. When I had Acid Reflux during the night in my late 70's I found Anti-Acids only forced my stomach to produce More acid. So the answer... Don't eat acid producing foods after lunch. No tomatoes, citrus, MEXICAN Food!. Get the idea? Then do what ALL old people do. Put 2 bricks under each top leg of their bed. Haven't you ever wondered why your grandparents elevated their bed heads?? 

The stomach only dumps its food into the upper intestines after 4-6 hours of sleep, on your left side, with the lower valve at its dumping position,
so sleep on your right side until then, preventing backup to your upper esophagus valve. As we age, it leaks into our esophagus, causing it to burn.
 New Brain drain studies indicate we need to rotate sleep between the two sides for optimum brain pressure release, during sleep. 

Most of your NMN/NAD+intake should be now in a measured 24 hour LIPO release, offsetting the higher delivery dosages of the past. Everyone's needs are different, but a base line of one capsule of NAD+ LIPO Complete in the morning, then a boost anytime for stamina performance of NAD+/NMN sl or mist, has only a 4 hour effect, so limit it to early afternoon, to not interfere with sleep.
Pass it on, at 67, you're old enough to be creditable.
Ben, Pickleball101
drkris69
Posts: 1116
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:41 pm

Re: NMN Side Effects

Post by drkris69 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:40 am

Great advise Pickleball.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic