NMNBreastfeeding and NMN?

Myst

Breastfeeding and NMN?

Post by Myst » Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:53 pm

Hello!
I’m just now learning about NMN! I am breastfeeding my 4 month old and wondering if it’s safe to use while breastfeeding? I could sure use the energy boost about now....

NewLifeScience

Re: Breastfeeding and NMN?

Post by NewLifeScience » Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:13 pm

I see that several members have read this post but have yet to respond, and with good reason i suppose.

In my opinion (not a doctor or dietitian) the substances we are discussing here are safe for us because our bodies already produce them, and we are at the age when it is most likely producing less then it was when we are younger.

So the research is aimed at adults, middle aged and the elderly, but I am going to go out on a limb and suggest that far less research is being done on the fetus, because the fetus doesn't need these advantages, it has them all (generally).

I think i would choose to err on the side of caution and not take these substances while breastfeeding, for the reasons mentioned above.

That is my opinion.
Taking:
Liposomal Curcumin / Resveratrol
NMN 500mg
Melatonin 1mg (am)
Blueberry extract 1g
Berberine 250mg
Vitamin E tocotrienols 50 mg
Astragalus 500 mg
Methyl B12 5000 mcg 3x/week
Methyl Folate 1000 mcg 1-3/week
vandan

Post by vandan » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:18 pm

I believe there are some mouse studies that show newborns were in better shape after pregnant mice were fed NMN. I believe the levels of NAD+ do not decline however until after your 20s so not sure if bubs would benefit but unlikely to harm him/her, from what Ive read.
Newage

Post by Newage » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:57 pm

Myst wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:53 pm
Hello!
I’m just now learning about NMN! I am breastfeeding my 4 month old and wondering if it’s safe to use while breastfeeding? I could sure use the energy boost about now....
All supplements along with prescription medication being taken whilst breastfeeding should in my opinion be treated with serious caution.
Medical advice should always be adhered to..
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic