NMNThe magic 500mg threshold :)

jessicaP

Re: The magic 500mg threshold :)

Post by jessicaP » Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:16 pm

I have a very skeptical friend who is in week #3 of 500mg per day. She has mentioned she feels more energy. Hopefully she keeps it up. 

A very busy 66 year old, i hope she finds the sweet spot soon.

Newage

Post by Newage » Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:19 pm

jessicaP wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:16 pm
I have a very skeptical friend who is in week #3 of 500mg per day. She has mentioned she feels more energy. Hopefully she keeps it up. 

You can only do the best that you can jessicaP.
”You can lead a horse to water, but can’t always make it drink”
Skepticism is sometimes used as a way out...

canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy » Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:07 pm

jessicaP wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:16 pm

Well if she's been taking them for 3 weeks, or long enough to get to 500mg/day at 3 weeks, perhaps she isn't so skeptical.

The energy thing may be the persuader!
Newage

Post by Newage » Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:17 pm

Most of us experienced that initial energy rush but as we know that becomes more passive over time as the body adjusts to the molecule.
The trick is to try and keep people confident in the long term results of both NMN and NAD+.

NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience » Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:53 pm

You are right of course NewAge, we can get used to just about anything.

But when I think about it.. I am 53, just ran 4 miles on the treadmill, went across the street to help my buddy get his old furnace up his winding basement stairway with a dolly. It was easy work for me, but he is older and likely lying down for the night.

During this pandemic I have lost 25 pounds and only gained back 4-5 over the holidays.

That isn't a brag, that is a new normal that i have gravitated to because i have the energy and strength to do so.

And there is an optimism building as I add to my armory of tools to stay healthy and strong and even wind back time a bit.

When i see a new member on here... especially if they came via a Dr. Sinclair youtube video, you know they are looking and are likely to consider more than just NMN and fasting to apply science to their health.

I don't really like the  term biohacking, but if people take it to mean using the evidence based body code to improve one's healthspan - then i encourage it.

NMN

Astragalus
Berberine
Blueberry extract
Green Tea Extract
Gotu Kola
Liposomal Curcumin / Resveratrol
Melatonin
Methyl B12
Methylfolate
Sulforaphane
Vitamin C
Vitamin D
Vitamin E tocotrienols
Vitamin K2
Virgin Olive Oil
Newage

Post by Newage » Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:30 pm

NewLifeScience wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:53 pm
You are right of course NewAge, we can get used to just about anything.

But when I think about it.. I am 53, just ran 4 miles on the treadmill, went across the street to help my buddy get his old furnace up his winding basement stairway with a dolly. It was easy work for me, but he is older and likely lying down for the night.

During this pandemic I have lost 25 pounds and only gained back 4-5 over the holidays.

That isn't a brag, that is a new normal that i have gravitated to because i have the energy and strength to do so.

And there is an optimism building as I add to my armory of tools to stay healthy and strong and even wind back time a bit.

When i see a new member on here... especially if they came via a Dr. Sinclair youtube video, you know they are looking and are likely to consider more than just NMN and fasting to apply science to their health.

I don't really like the  term biohacking, but if people take it to mean using the evidence based body code to improve one's healthspan - then i encourage it.

I agree with all of the above NewLifeScience and as you are, I am also embracing the “new normal” with what I see as winding back the clock to a degree.. bring on 💯. lol

avidreader7

Post by avidreader7 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:16 pm

I'm a newbie here looking to order NMN from Canada, can someone please comment on their experience with the product crossing the border, should I expect a large customs fee? @canadahealthy

canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:49 pm

avidreader7 wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:16 pm
I'm a newbie here looking to order NMN from Canada, can someone please comment on their experience with the product crossing the border, should I expect a large customs fee? @canadahealthy

I have been ordering for over 2 years. I have never paid duty on the products. 

Highly recommend the 240 ct sublingual NMN bottle. Very good deal.
avidreader7

Post by avidreader7 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:52 pm

canadahealthy wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:49 pm
avidreader7 wrote:

Awesome, thanks, can’t wait to get started! Will order from the site!

jessicaP

Post by jessicaP » Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:49 pm

avidreader7 wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:52 pm
canadahealthy wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:49 pm
avidreader7 wrote:

Awesome, thanks, can’t wait to get started! Will order from the site!

As you are a new member, we are looking forward to the day when you report reaching a certain 'just right' dosage level for you. I would recommend taking 125mg for the first week or two, then 250 for some weeks ... and see if you may want to take even more. as you can tell from this thread, a lot of us seem to have experienced highly noticeable effects around the 500mg range. I think those of us that have are in our 40s and 50s - so you may have a different experience.

So welcome to the forum, and may you enjoy good health and longevity!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic