NMNThe magic 500mg threshold :)

Newage

Re: The magic 500mg threshold :)

Post by Newage » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:22 am

vandan wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:50 pm
Newage wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:52 pm
I agree wholeheartedly. NAD+ seems to enhance my sleep where NMN with me, has a stimulating effect. :shock:
I am not following sorry. Isn't NAD+ just one step further down the metabolism pathway than NMN?

FYI - my finger and toe nails didn't harden until I started taking NAD+(know I can see a distinct thickening line after taking NAD+ for a few weeks - totally amazing ...any thoughts?
Accordingly to Drdavids research and my own personal experience both molecules deliver by way of different pathways.
I’m now trying NAD+ Nasal Spray just before bed to enhance sleep and to time in with natural circadian cycles that peak at 12 midnight... :idea:

NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience » Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:56 pm

I am just 'bumping' this thread, since a bunch of us were discussing the 500mg threshold here. :)
NMN

Astragalus
Berberine
Blueberry extract
Green Tea Extract
Gotu Kola
Liposomal Curcumin / Resveratrol
Melatonin
Methyl B12
Methylfolate Vitamin C
Vitamin D
Vitamin E tocotrienols
Vitamin K2
Virgin Olive Oil
canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy » Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:42 pm

I remember when i posted this. It was a good day, knowing that my body was literally better than just a few weeks earlier.

I don't know if there are other thresholds ahead but i do know I feel better in general. I have dealt with depression for decades. Not the emotion, just the chemical imbalance (more like brain hormone imbalance).  But I think a good deal of my depression has  been resolving as my brain is getting rejuvenated.

Also, I definitely feel less anxiety. And that has also been ongoing.
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience » Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:10 pm

Yes this is a good thread  - not everyone of course, but a lot of us seem to like this amount for daily consumption.
NMN

Astragalus
Berberine
Blueberry extract
Green Tea Extract
Gotu Kola
Liposomal Curcumin / Resveratrol
Melatonin
Methyl B12
Methylfolate Vitamin C
Vitamin D
Vitamin E tocotrienols
Vitamin K2
Virgin Olive Oil
CeeJayBee

Post by CeeJayBee » Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:40 pm

Yup, this is where I am, about 6 days per week.

I do plan to try 750mg per day for one month from Nov 15 to dec 15th, just to see if I notice any difference.
smokinjoe

Post by smokinjoe » Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:50 pm

CeeJayBee wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:40 pm
Yup, this is where I am, about 6 days per week.

I do plan to try 750mg per day for one month from Nov 15 to dec 15th, just to see if I notice any difference.

I was thinking of going up to 625. Especially since I am starting to run (inside) and workout a bit. I have to say - just keeping in touch with this board is inspiring. I like the feeling of always doing at least one little thing to add to my life/health span.

guy

Post by guy » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:31 am

yes NMN does give you resilience

i had an amusing time breaking a kid about 25 years younger than me on a run up a mountain - no i'm not that fit (i rarely exercise now) - i think he was shocked that a 50 year old could have better fitness. 
guy

Post by guy » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:32 am

you might need to look at taking TMG with it or you might end up hitting a wall

google TMG with NMN
RobSmith

Post by RobSmith » Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:51 am

My magic threshold appears to be less than 500mg!!

So when I started taking NMN almost 11 months ago it was accompanied by a whole load of lifestyle changes and a large addition to the supplements I was taking (had only previously been supplementing Vitamin D as a blood test had shown a clear deficiency). The thing was, once the changes had been made, I found that I was having to get up in the middle of the night to go to the toilet (which previously I hadn't had to do). The other obvious thing I noticed was that a Sunday night, after a day or two of no supplements, I didn't have to get out of bed. 

Therefore, in the last 11 months I've been making all manor of adjustments, whilst keeping all other things constant to see what might have been causing the problem as it could have been any one of the supplements, the timings when taken or the fasting regime. 

And now I finally have the answer - it is the NMN. Up to 375mg (or thereabouts) of NMN is fine, and I feel absolutely no need to go to the toilet at night time, but as soon as I go for 500mg or above, the side effect starts again. (Any amount of any other supplement makes no difference, likewise, it makes no difference if the NMN is taken at different times or spread through the day or taken in one go.

So, I wonder, if anyone else has noticed this side effect, and what causes it?

Maybe 375mg, which I take sub-lingually, gives me the exact amount I need (52 years old and somewhere between 75 and 80Kg in weight) and anything above this is too much which the body is trying to wash away.
(I suspect 375mg taken sublingually is absorbing much more than 1g swallowed in a capsule). 

For those thinking of upping their dosage, maybe this side effect is an indicator of where your "magic threshold" happens to be. 
Newage

Post by Newage » Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:43 pm

As we have said many times, supplements, prescription medication, allergies etc ..
effect everyone differently.
Each person is their own individual. That’s what makes us who we are.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic