LongevityResveratrol: don´t take it with high-fat meals

Fred

Resveratrol: don´t take it with high-fat meals

Post by Fred » Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:37 am

This is why Dr. Sinclair only takes his resveratrol powder with a couple of spoonfuls of greek style high-fat yogurt. Resveratrol at the high dose of 2 grams showed the best absorption with a standard breakfast containing 18 grams of fat and 45% less absorption (AUC) with a high-fat breakfast of 45 g of fat.

So 9 grams of fat for every 1 g of resveratrol is a good ratio for optimal absorption.

Co-administration of quercetin had no effect on resveratrol.
"Our study found decreased and delayed absorption of trans-resveratrol in combination with a high-fat breakfast, as compared with a standard breakfast. These data suggest that food has an important effect on the pharmacokinetics and systemic exposure of trans-resveratrol. The AUC and Cmax were decreased by 45% and 46%, respectively, and the tmax was prolonged to 5 hours from 3 hours with a high-fat breakfast. A previous food-effect study comparing single doses of trans-resveratrol (400 mg) in the fasted and fed states found a 21% decrease in the Cmax and a 6% increase in the AUC. The tmax was prolonged in that study from 0.5 hour in fasted subjects to 2 hours in fed subjects.[12]

Although these differences were minor, it seems that intake of trans-resveratrol on an empty stomach or with a small meal results in higher exposure than occurs after a high-fat meal."

https://link.springer.com/article/10.21 ... 0000-00000
Last edited by Fred on Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

rhett

Re: Resveratrol: don´t take it with high fat meals

Post by rhett » Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:24 pm

I’m surprised to see this. I’m pretty sure Dr Sinclair said he only eats the yogurt to help with Resveratrol absorption.
Fred

Post by Fred » Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:51 pm

rhett wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:24 pm
I’m surprised to see this. I’m pretty sure Dr Sinclair said he only eats the yogurt to help with Resveratrol absorption.
Surprised by what, do you mean? Yes, he takes the yogurt to help with resveratrol absorption. The yogurt doesn´t give the 45 g of fat that an English breakfast with fried foods easily can give.

The 18 g of fat helped absorption, the 45 g of fat decreased it. So yogurt is fine, stir fry is not.
rhett

Post by rhett » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:44 pm

Ah ok I see, so a little helps but beyond a certain point it’s a problem.
Fred

Post by Fred » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:52 pm

Yeah, resveratrol seems to need a bit of fat but not a whole lot.
Newage

Post by Newage » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:41 pm

rhett wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:24 pm
Personally I would choose to be guided by Dr Sinclair’s own regimen rhett.
His credentials are unquestionable and his ethics also seem to be very high on his agenda..
jocko6889

Post by jocko6889 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:46 pm

Fred, how much Resvertrol does Sinclair take? I'm taking 1g per day but sometimes forget the yogurt. Would you say I'm getting no benefit without the yogurt? Some?
Taking:
NMN - 1 gram
LSG Resveratrol/Curcumin
Methyl Folate - 1,000mcg
Methyl B12 - 5,000mcg
PQQ - 20mg
Vitamin D3 & K2 - (D3 25mcg, K2 45mcg)
Creatine Monohydrate - 800mg
NAC - 600mg
Glycine - 1,000mg
Acetyl L-Carnitine - 500mg
CoQ10 - 100mg
Fred

Post by Fred » Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:39 pm

jocko6889 wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:46 pm
Fred, how much Resvertrol does Sinclair take? I'm taking 1g per day but sometimes forget the yogurt. Would you say I'm getting no benefit without the yogurt? Some?
He takes 0.5 to 1 gram a day (he doesn't weigh it, just eyeballs a certain volume according to interviews) with yogurt so perfectly in line with the study I posted that showed best absorption with a little fat (9 g of fat per 1 g of resveratrol).

Dr Sinclair knows resveratrol so I would follow his protocol of taking it with a little bit of fat but not a high-fat meal, in line with the study. I will take mine with some soy yogurt.

Resveratrol isn't very water soluble that is why a little fat aids absorption. Can you take it with something? Avocado? 30 grams of nuts?
jocko6889

Post by jocko6889 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:14 pm

Thanks, Fred. I bought Greek yogurt so I'm okay with that, however I was in a hurry and didn't notice until I got home that it was non-fat yogurt! Ugh!

I don't usually eat breakfast and go for the one meal a day routine. Try to be hungry once a day if possible, as Sinclair preaches.
Taking:
NMN - 1 gram
LSG Resveratrol/Curcumin
Methyl Folate - 1,000mcg
Methyl B12 - 5,000mcg
PQQ - 20mg
Vitamin D3 & K2 - (D3 25mcg, K2 45mcg)
Creatine Monohydrate - 800mg
NAC - 600mg
Glycine - 1,000mg
Acetyl L-Carnitine - 500mg
CoQ10 - 100mg
Fred

Post by Fred » Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:18 pm

jocko6889 wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:14 pm
Thanks, Fred. I bought Greek yogurt so I'm okay with that, however I was in a hurry and didn't notice until I got home that it was non-fat yogurt! Ugh!

I don't usually eat breakfast and go for the one meal a day routine. Try to be hungry once a day if possible, as Sinclair preaches.
Non-fat yogurt doesn't sound fun at all ^^

One meal a day seems hard. I do two meals, 11.30 lunch (more like dinner) at the hospital and early light "dinner" (sometimes looks like a breakfast).

Sleep and nightly heart rate variability with the Oura ring and Polar watch is better the earlier I have dinner.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic