LongevityVideo: "Dr David Sinclair Describes His Entire Longevity Routine"

OzSport

Video: "Dr David Sinclair Describes His Entire Longevity Routine"

Post by OzSport » Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:07 pm

I'm sure Dr. Sinclair's regimen has been posted before, but I thought this short video of him describing it was pretty good and to the point! Fun fact: He makes his own yogurt! :D

The video is here:
"Dr David Sinclair Describes His Entire Longevity Routine"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0tEQyVDsAc

It looks like it's an excerpt from a longer video the interviewer did with Dr. Sinclair; I tracked down the full video, which is here:
"PROFESSOR DAVID SINCLAIR | Can Humans Live For 1000 Years? | Modern Wisdom Podcast #066"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J736mfy7KEg

Fred

Re: Video: "Dr David Sinclair Describes His Entire Longevity Routine"

Post by Fred » Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:13 pm

He takes:

1. A statin drug

2. 500-1000 mg of an anti-diabetic drug metformin

3. 81 mg of aspirin

4. 0.5-1 g of resveratrol

5. 1 g of NMN
rhett

Post by rhett » Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:39 pm

An extra detail for the statin drug. He’s been taking that since a young age because high cholesterol and heart problems run in his family and he had problems early on. I don’t think he recommends it for people generally.
Fred

Post by Fred » Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:51 pm

rhett wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:39 pm
An extra detail for the statin drug. He’s been taking that since a young age because high cholesterol and heart problems run in his family and he had problems early on. I don’t think he recommends it for people generally.
He´s very clear in the book that he doesn´t recommend anything to people in general since he´s not a doctor (MD). He just tells us what he is taking.

Statins and hypertensive drugs show some potential longevity effects in animals. The systemic anti-inflammatory properties of statins may be an added bonus to his longevity regimen.

And the blood-thinning drug aspirin is one of the very few molecules that actually extend the life of rodents in the NIA life extension testing program.
rhett

Post by rhett » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:00 pm

Absolutely, I’m just making the distinction that when people ask him about it in interviews, he seems to go out his way to note he takes the statin for a uniquely personal situation and doesn’t include it in his “not a recommendation but still here you go” longevity list.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic