LongevityControl of Inflammation and autophagy by NAD+ precursors, metformin, spermidine, rapamycin, and resveratrol

Fred

Control of Inflammation and autophagy by NAD+ precursors, metformin, spermidine, rapamycin, and resveratrol

Post by Fred » Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:29 am

"We outline the effects of some compounds classically known as modulators of autophagy and mitochondrial function, such as NAD+ precursors, metformin, spermidine, rapamycin, and resveratrol, on the control of the inflammatory cascade and how these anti-inflammatory properties could be involved in their ability to increase resilience to age-associated diseases."

"Herein, we discuss how CR and CR mimetics, by modulating mitochondrial metabolism or autophagic flux, prevent inflammatory processes, protect the intestinal barrier function, and dampen both inflammaging and neuroinflammation."

FULLTEXT
https://www.mdpi.com/2073-4409/9/1/82/htm

Drdavid

Re: Control of Inflammation and autophagy by NAD+ precursors, metformin, spermidine, rapamycin, and resveratrol

Post by Drdavid » Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:07 am

Thanks Fred this looks like an interesting article. I am going to read it this weekend
Fred

Re: Control of Inflammation and autophagy by NAD+ precursors, metformin, spermidine, rapamycin, and resveratrol

Post by Fred » Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:04 am

Drdavid wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:07 am
Thanks Fred this looks like an interesting article. I am going to read it this weekend
^^ And here is a review on systemic chronic inflammation written by Nir Barzilai who is in charge of the first drug trial to treat age-related diseases with metformin (TAME-trial).

"Chronic inflammation in the etiology of disease across the life span"

https://sci-hub.se/10.1038/s41591-019-0675-0
drkris69

Post by drkris69 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:12 am

Great article I think everyone should read.
p75213

Post by p75213 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:20 pm

Just a reminder. Wheat germ, cheddar cheese matured for 12 months or more and pears or pear juice are good food sources of spermidine. As far as I'm aware, spermidine isn't available as a standalone supplement.
Fred

Post by Fred » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:00 am

p75213 wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:20 pm
Just a reminder. Wheat germ, cheddar cheese matured for 12 months or more and pears or pear juice are good food sources of spermidine. As far as I'm aware, spermidine isn't available as a standalone supplement.
Spermidine is available in supplemental form but I can not vouch for the quality.

Also sperm is rich in spermidine (it is what makes up the distinctive smell of sperm and wheat germ). But that source may not be to everyones liking though.
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:53 am

Looking 10 years ahead it appears that the race will be on to isolate the active compound and patent. Then use it across multiple disease states. I just hope it will be affordable for the masses
drkris69

Post by drkris69 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:34 am

We live in some exciting times with cutting edge breakthroughs in the health and longevity arena. There's a somewhat new product being pushed heavily out there right now called Protandim. Have you guys heard about this and if so what are your thoughts?
drkris69

Post by drkris69 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:46 am

Supposedly has 27 patents and claims to decrease oxidative stress. Im not trying to give this product a plug of endorsement, Im just curious if you guys heard of this.
Fred

Post by Fred » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:44 am

drkris69 wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:34 am
There's a somewhat new product being pushed heavily out there right now called Protandim. Have you guys heard about this and if so what are your thoughts?
Can we perhaps start a separate post about the multi-level marketing product Protandim since it contains none of the ingredients discussed in this post?

It gets really confusing when people Google or use the search function here and threads jump from subject to subject. But I'm not moderator, so just a suggestion.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic