LongevityWhat is your monthly longevity and healthspan budget

Drdavid

Re: What is your monthly longevity and healthspan budget

Post by Drdavid » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:06 am

RobSmith wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:59 am
I'd like to think that as anti-aging becomes more mainstream, the cost of our most expensive supplements (i.e. NMN and NAD+) would come down substantially, (as these are natural substances so no-one can slap a patent on them), and so we should benefit from economies of scale and competition driving prices lower. Therefore coming back into maybe a $50 to $100 range for all supplements (less savings from eating less meat etc) should be achievable in the next decade.
Typically this assumption is right however what I have found is when the prices come down there is a new product that replaces it.

Newage

Post by Newage » Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:18 pm

drkris69 wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:33 am
Id say 250 to 300 per month. Not that bad of a price to pay to look pretty!
Agreed drkris69
And certainly cheaper than the “alternative”..
Which you get to attend but unfortunately don’t get the cup of tea and biscuit afterwards.
drkris69

Post by drkris69 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:32 am

It certainly is Newage. And exactly DrDavid, as soon as the prices come down there's a new bigger and better product that supposedly works 10x better!
CeeJayBee

Post by CeeJayBee » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:02 pm

I never thought about it, but thinking about it, i guess i am getting close to $150.

THis is good to think about ... maybe if people realize this is one thing you shouldn't cheap out on, they can spend wisely and live and even look better.
Newage

Post by Newage » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:17 pm

Some people spend $50 on a box of beer and other hard alcohol or the same amount on cigarettes daily with both possibly causing severe long term detrimental health problems.
I believe whatever you need to spend monthly on supplements (within reason) is totally justified for the positive “big picture” outcome..
Boxcost

Post by Boxcost » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:27 pm

I have a friend who spends about $50 per day on Cigarettes and Beer (tobacco is expensive in Australia due to govt health initiatives). His saving grace is he does not eat much during the day so practices some time restricted eating but does not eat much at all in terms of fruit and vegetables. He thinks he is onto it and has superior genes, I think he is nuts, he thinks I am - but I have given him permission to write on my tombstone (if I get taken out first) with an "I told you so" :)
Newage

Post by Newage » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:29 pm

Boxcost wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:27 pm
I have a friend who spends about $50 per day on Cigarettes and Beer (tobacco is expensive in Australia due to govt health initiatives). His saving grace is he does not eat much during the day so practices some time restricted eating but does not eat much at all in terms of fruit and vegetables. He thinks he is onto it and has superior genes, I think he is nuts, he thinks I am - but I have given him permission to write on my tombstone (if I get taken out first) with an "I told you so" :)
I’m betting on you being around longer than your friend Boxcost. Good genes or not “ the lifestyle choice will have some bearing on the length of life”
You just be careful crossing the road so you don’t prove us both wrong.. :o
Boxcost

Post by Boxcost » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:06 am

Newage wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:29 pm
Boxcost wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:27 pm
I’m betting on you being around longer than your friend Boxcost. Good genes or not “ the lifestyle choice will have some bearing on the length of life”
You just be careful crossing the road so you don’t prove us both wrong.. :o
Thanks Newage, I am too betting with time restricted eating 3-4 days a week, some fasting, diet packed with amazing foods split between "sometimes food and all the time food", latest supplements, regular exercise, regular monitoring (blood, gut bacteria, etc) and expaning my "Thermoneutral Zone" + having some fun :)
RobSmith

Post by RobSmith » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:48 am

My money is on you Boxcost as well as it sounds like you've the perfect regime going.
Anyway, another thought on the monthly budget. Supposedly, as we age, we are less able to absorb the nutrients we need, hence the need for vitamin and mineral supplements etc. Therefore, if we do manage to wind the (Horvath) clock backwards, surely then our bodies will be better able to absorb the nutrients which would mean we wouldn't need as many supplements...?
I wonder if I can knock 10 years off my biological age, can I then cut the supplement intake by 20%?
Newage

Post by Newage » Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:05 pm

A little tip to use or not..
I hardly ever drink coffee but start my day with
100ml (only) of zero sugar energy drink (one fifth of a can, no calories and only about 30 mg of caffeine plus Taurine)
Decanter the rest and it lasts for 5 daily intakes.
A great way to kick start the day without coffee.
A strong mind is needed because like coffee, energy drinks can be addictive..I use a 2x50 ml
Shot glass.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic