LongevityArticle: "This Is the Tea of Choice for Some of the Longest-Living People in the World"

OzSport

Article: "This Is the Tea of Choice for Some of the Longest-Living People in the World"

Post by OzSport » Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:20 am

For the tea drinkers!  Here's a list of teas that locals from the Greek island of Ikaria drink (Ikaria is a Blue Zone):

https://www.wellandgood.com/greek-tea/

drkris69

Re: Article: "This Is the Tea of Choice for Some of the Longest-Living People in the World"

Post by drkris69 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:45 am

Awesome Ozsport! I love drinking tea and I will check into this. :D

jessicaP

Re: Article: "This Is the Tea of Choice for Some of the Longest-Living People in the World"

Post by jessicaP » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:33 am

As much as I like the idea of the extremely healthy benefits of drinking tea. I can barely drink a cup a day and have resorted to taking Green Tea extract to get the benefits, particularly EGCG.

I am curious what special ingredients are in the mountain tea. 

I may look further into it.

CeeJayBee

Post by CeeJayBee » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:50 pm

I am in the same boat, I can't do tea daily, so I take extracts.

I wonder if there is a good source for these blue zone tea varieties as extracts.
canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy » Sun May 02, 2021 8:55 am

I think any tea extract is about as good an any other. And green tea is essentially a less dried version of black tea for most types.

I see that there is a current trend to eat/drink plants that have experienced stress in their environment, the idea being is that the resulting 'adaptogens' from a plant that has adapted to stress can be passed on to the consumer.

With that in mind, a mountain tea may have some extra factor for health.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic