NAD+Beginning of a new journey

Newage

Re: Beginning of a new journey

Post by Newage » Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:36 pm

Paulapea wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:35 am
Thank you for taking the time to reply. How exciting this all is.
As Drdavid said:
Members on the forum are happy to share their experiences and help in any way that they can and yes, we are tip toeing on the “edge” of exciting times..

Drdavid

Post by Drdavid » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:09 am

We hope your journey provides great results
Newage

Post by Newage » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:51 am

Here’s an interesting story.
About Three weeks ago I was away for a couple of days and felt quite sick. I had forgotten to take my NMN / NAD+ with me. I went to the doctors and he thought it was Viral Pneumonia that was going around at the time and his instructions were to go back home and to bed to wait it out (about 2/3 weeks or possibly longer) and to expect the symptoms to get worse from what was perceived as a bad viral infection and from what other patients had been experiencing.
I arrived back home and expecting to slowly feel worse I increased my NMN and NAD+ dosage and waited for the symptoms to worsen.
Here’s the thing though...
Although I was displaying all the symptoms the severity was what I would determine as less than
50%. The symptoms seem to manifest every 2/3 days then subside back to a lower level and then repeat the cycle.
It was if every time the virus was trying to take hold something seemed to help counteract the symptoms. I can only suggest that somehow the NMN and NAD+ were suppressing the virus or at least enhancing the immune system.
From all reports I should have been flat on my back in bed but I was still up and about involved in day to day activities.
Newage

Post by Newage » Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:49 pm

Canadahealthy posted on another NAD+ thread about a sore throat that apparently flared back up after using NAD+ Nasal Spray.
Not sure if there is any connection but it would be interesting to get feedback if anyone else out there have experienced similar effects.. :idea:
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid » Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:44 am

Newage wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:49 pm
Canadahealthy posted on another NAD+ thread about a sore throat that apparently flared back up after using NAD+ Nasal Spray.
Not sure if there is any connection but it would be interesting to get feedback if anyone else out there have experienced similar effects.. :idea:
Here is a great article that may answer some questions regarding this topic. As always this is a new research area and data is still being formed.

Int Immunol. 2019 Feb 15;31(2):59-67. doi: 10.1093/intimm/dxy068.
Host NAD+ metabolism and infections: therapeutic implications.
Singhal A1,2,3, Cheng CY1.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30329059
Newage

Post by Newage » Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:04 pm

Newage wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:51 am
About Three weeks ago I was away for a couple of days and felt quite sick. I had forgotten to take my NMN / NAD+ with me. I went to the doctors and he thought it was Viral Pneumonia that was going around at the time and his instructions were to go back home and to bed to wait it out (about 2/3 weeks or possibly longer) and to expect the symptoms to get worse from what was perceived as a bad viral infection and from what other patients had been experiencing.
I arrived back home and expecting to slowly feel worse I increased my NMN and NAD+ dosage and waited for the symptoms to worsen.
Although I was displaying all the symptoms the severity was what I would determine as less than
50%. The symptoms seem to manifest every 2/3 days then subside back to a lower level and then repeat the cycle.
It was if every time the virus was trying to take hold something seemed to help counteract the symptoms. I can only suggest that somehow the NMN and NAD+ were suppressing the virus or at least enhancing the immune system.
From all reports I should have been flat on my back in bed but I was still up and about involved in day to day activities.
The “Million Dollar Question”
Taking into account what I seem to have experienced with the above, will NMN and NAD+ in some way help protect us in some shape or form against the more “serious by the minute” virus that is presently ravaging the world??
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid » Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:12 am

Newage wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:04 pm
Newage wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:51 am
The “Million Dollar Question”
Taking into account what I seem to have experienced with the above, will NMN and NAD+ in some way help protect us in some shape or form against the more “serious by the minute” virus that is presently ravaging the world??
Although the human data is not been compiled on this subject here is a great article that will give you a little information and make you ask more questions:

Cell Mol Life Sci. 2016 Mar;73(6):1225-36. doi: 10.1007/s00018-015-2119-4. Epub 2015 Dec 30.
Exploring NAD+ metabolism in host-pathogen interactions.
Mesquita I1,2, Varela P1,2, Belinha A1,2, Gaifem J1,2, Laforge M3, Vergnes B4, Estaquier J5,6, Silvestre R7,8.
Author information
Abstract
Nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD(+)) is a vital molecule found in all living cells. NAD(+) intracellular levels are dictated by its synthesis, using the de novo and/or salvage pathway, and through its catabolic use as co-enzyme or co-substrate. The regulation of NAD(+) metabolism has proven to be an adequate drug target for several diseases, including cancer, neurodegenerative or inflammatory diseases. Increasing interest has been given to NAD(+) metabolism during innate and adaptive immune responses suggesting that its modulation could also be relevant during host-pathogen interactions. While the maintenance of NAD(+) homeostatic levels assures an adequate environment for host cell survival and proliferation, fluctuations in NAD(+) or biosynthetic precursors bioavailability have been described during host-pathogen interactions, which will interfere with pathogen persistence or clearance. Here, we review the double-edged sword of NAD(+) metabolism during host-pathogen interactions emphasizing its potential for treatment of infectious diseases.

KEYWORDS:
Host-pathogen interaction; L-tryptophan; NAD+/NADH ratio; NADPH; Nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD+); Sirtuins
Newage

Post by Newage » Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:50 am

Thank you for the article Drdavid
Very very interesting and adds a little volume to my real life experience..
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:16 am

You are very welcome!
Newage

Post by Newage » Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:50 pm

The stakes are high with this virus but from my personal experience I will most certainly continue to take an increased daily dosage of NMN in combination with NAD+.
Past input from the forum seems to suggest that the molecules have helped keep members free from other viral infections like the common cold and influenza.. :idea:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic